What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mb downlaod limit on 3G - disable???

Proxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When im on my 3G and try to download something over 20mb it say that i need to connect to a wifi or computer to download it becouse it is to big. is it posibel to make it download bigger files on 3G? like disable whatever preventing me from downloading bigger files than 20mb.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only if the iPad is jail broken. This very annoying limit of 20MB is imposed by Apple (think yourself lucky, it used to be 10MB) for no really good reason. Perhaps it's to pacify the cellular operators, who knows? I get faster download speeds on 3G (over 5Mbps) than I do on broadband (2.5Mbps) so it's annoying to me too. Unfortunately, for a standard iPad, there's no way to disable this limit.

Tim

PGWingrove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazy stupid of Apple, since you can stream GB's of audio or video! So the coolest wireless device is not wireless after all as most apps are >20MB

Karstiron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I think Apple have engaged in deceptive conduct by not disclosing this serious limitation in any sales material associated with the ipad2 3G. It is like taking a Ferrari out of the showroom after handing over your money, only to find it is speed limited to 25mph.

I am totally p$$$ed off with this. There are so many apps that are over 20mb. I bought the 3G so I didn't have to connect to wifi or computer all the time. It is outrageous that they can do this and get away with it. I would never have bought this iPad had I known about this serious limitation.

Most reactions

Latest posts