2 kids+ hardwood floors causes me to cringe. Which case do I need?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by papa, Jun 27, 2010.

1. RobertBasil

RobertBasil
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Get it right, it's "neener.. neener"

I don't have any kids, my sister and her kids (12 and 5) live with my wife and I. As far as allowing them on the forum, they are not allowed on the Internet without adult supervision. They are not the adults in my house and are required to follow the rules set by the adults, unlike other households. :p

Regardless, I think my (and many others) opinion in this thread has been made clear. If your kids are not old enough to be trusted to not drop your iPad then they should not be touching it or only touching it with adult supervision. As a parent it is of course your choice to take this advice or ignore it and (maybe) cost yourself the price of another iPad.

It's been fun, but I have work to do so I'm outta here. ;)

2. Bogy

Bogy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    In my experience the first person to start talking about "hitting a nerve" and "anger" is usually the one with issues. Papa asked for technical advice, not parenting advice. If he had just asked for advice on the best case to protect his iPad in the event of a fall on a hard surface would he have gotten answers telling him he couldn't be trusted With an iPad? His mistake was in offering to much information. Accidents happen, even with adults. If Papa wants extra insurance when he let's his kids use the iPad, that's his decision to make. I don't know why we need a whole thread of "you're a lousy parent" back and forth when the subject is cases.

Figures, the big expert on parenting doesn't have kids.

3. papa

papa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My response is simple:

1) They are my kids and my ipad. I will do with them as I please, and your opinion on that subject means jack to me. But by all means, reccomend a case. that is the purpose of this thread.

2) ANYONE (trusted or not) can drop a IPAD, even your highness. (That would be you.) Do you use a case to protect your ipad?
    Why, don't trust yourself? It is really a weak, stupid point your trying to make. (And come off as a ass while doing it I might add.)

I am glad your out of here though. Have a good day. :D

4. papa

papa
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    BTW, I did order a zoogue last night.
    It is probably not the most protective case. But I am not sure any case out now will protect it for more then a few feet drop.

So, wish me (and my kids) luck on our new toy. Hopefully it lasts until the IPAD 2 comes out. :)

And I do appologize to the forum for the 2nd half of this thread. I did not mean for it to go that way.