What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 kids+ hardwood floors causes me to cringe. Which case do I need?

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it were just me, I would probably get a waterfield case and use it "naked". (Perhaps a stand would come in handy and I do not know what I am missing, not sure.)

But, I have two kids and hardwood floors, and It is the hottest little gadget out the house. I need to be able to protect it some while it is in use.

The plastic shells turn me off because they look so cheap. I am not sure how much they would protect it if it were to drop anyways. The otterbox I am not sure about, but it isnt even out yet anyways. The Zoogue looks pretty sweet and covers most of the ipad. That oberon case loows awesome, but I worry about the flap not "bending" as in the gadgeteer review.

Any strong suggestions on what I need? Post and PM me suggestions.
Not really concerned about money as I am about not wasting money on the wrong case, if that helps.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got an InvisibleShield screen protector for the front and a clear Hard Candy Sleek case.

Depending on the age of the kids, the Hard Candy Street case will offer a little more protection/cool-ness than the Sleek case. Although my Sleek case seems to do okay with my 18 month old son so far.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just installed a Hard Candy Street Skin. It's a bit more formidable than the gels I've seen and may be able to take a drop from a couple feet. I am able to keep it in the folio case Street Skin and all and feel that the combination is adequate protection. If that Otterbox Defender had come to market, I would have sprun for the $90.00, but there's no date as yet.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just installed a Hard Candy Street Skin. It's a bit more formidable than the gels I've seen and may be able to take a drop from a couple feet. I am able to keep it in the folio case Street Skin and all and feel that the combination is adequate protection. If that Otterbox Defender had come to market, I would have sprun for the $90.00, but there's no date as yet.

I got this one as well.....just in case my 6yr old drops it. Mix of mostly hardwood floors and tile to contend with....

OP
P

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I see the street skin. What portfolio does it fit in ?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I see the street skin. What portfolio does it fit in ?

I have it in the CrazyOnDigital folio case that goes for about $19. Found it on Amazon.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Treat your Ipad as if if was a gun keep it away from your kids then you have no worries,also tell them NO.

Al.

OP
P

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Treat your Ipad as if if was a gun keep it away from your kids then you have no worries,also tell them NO.

Al.

Easier said then done.

My daughter can damn near talk me into buying her one. :eek:

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
If your kids are not old enough for you to trust them alone with a $500-$900 electronic device then why are you letting them touch it? If you say "easier said than done" then my question to you is.... Who is the parent in your house?

Yes, I have a 5 year old and a 12 year old in my house, but they both know they are not allowed to touch my iPad unless me or their mom is sitting next to them and even then they have to ask first.

It amazes me how many parents don't know how to say no (and stick to it) these days.

Oh, and by the way, I have hardwood floors throughout my house.

mraif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your kids are not old enough for you to trust them alone with a $500-$900 electronic device then why are you letting them touch it? If you say "easier said than done" then my question to you is.... Who is the parent in your house?

Yes, I have a 5 year old and a 12 year old in my house, but they both know they are not allowed to touch my iPad unless me or their mom is sitting next to them and even then they have to ask first.

It amazes me how many parents don't know how to say no (and stick to it) these days.

Oh, and by the way, I have hardwood floors throughout my house.

Amen, Brother!

OP
P

papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this a thread about ipad cases in a ipad accessories forum? Let me check. Yes, it is.
Wow, what amazes me is folks that put themselves on a “holier than thou” pedestal and start tossing out parental advise and criticism on a forum that deals with electronics.

The next time my daughter asks to play angry birds on the ipad I am going to tell her no. I am not really sure if the game is appropriate for her age. Better yet, I am going to have her PM “RobertBasil” on the ipad forums to see if it meets his approval.

Anyways, I do trust my kids with the ipad. That is the reason I am shopping for the best possible case for someone that has kids and hardwood floors. (I don’t intend to sound like Mr. Obvious, but feel I need to clarify that.)

Shucks, I am stuck making supper tonight so I have to run.
I need to make a thread on the” ipad wallpaper forum” to see if I should let the kids pick the onion out of the meatloaf or just make them eat it this evening.
TTYL

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution
http://granades.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/four-kids-in-dog-cage.jpg
four-kids-in-dog-cage.jpg

Last edited:

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No kids touching my iPad. Even husband gets to use it with supervision!:)
Going to visit relatives this w/e. Would take it with me to show them if it weren't for kids 5 &7. There is a book on it that would be of particular interest to them but I will have to get a paper copy for them. Either that or get them an iPad for Christmas!

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Is this a thread about ipad cases in a ipad accessories forum? Let me check. Yes, it is.
Wow, what amazes me is folks that put themselves on a “holier than thou” pedestal and start tossing out parental advise and criticism on a forum that deals with electronics.

The next time my daughter asks to play angry birds on the ipad I am going to tell her no. I am not really sure if the game is appropriate for her age. Better yet, I am going to have her PM “RobertBasil” on the ipad forums to see if it meets his approval.

Anyways, I do trust my kids with the ipad. That is the reason I am shopping for the best possible case for someone that has kids and hardwood floors. (I don’t intend to sound like Mr. Obvious, but feel I need to clarify that.)

Shucks, I am stuck making supper tonight so I have to run.
I need to make a thread on the” ipad wallpaper forum” to see if I should let the kids pick the onion out of the meatloaf or just make them eat it this evening.
TTYL

Sounds like WE hit a nerve, and the truth hurts. You don't like my (and others) response? Then don't tell us that you need a case because you don't trust your kids with your iPad. You are on a public forum and from time to time you are going to get responses that you don't like. Deal with it or don't post. You seem to put the blame on me for your anger, but if you read the entire thread, I'm not the only one who posted a response telling you to not allow your kids to play with your iPad without your supervision if you don't trust them to not drop it.

P.S. Yes, Angry Birds is fine for any age to play. Your daughter has my approval to play it. :D

P.S.S. Make them eat the onions. ;)

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then get them, one of these instead of playing with the iPad.

119525838983834full.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts