What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 ipads 1 computer

Darryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help.
I have 2 ipads and only one computer with itunes on it. I have it set up for original account. New ipad is requiring to hook up with itunes. I did this and all info on original acct on second ipad. How can I get new ipad set up on seperate accounts with one computer?

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to create a seperate Itunes account. But, if you have paid apps on one Ipad and you want to use them on the other ipad you will have to buy them again. If you use 1 account you can use the app on both ipads.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Set up each iPad with it's own iTunes account using different logins on the computer. Each computer login will have it's own iTunes library. This would be the easiest way to keep the two iPads completely separate.

When updating or syncing the iPad, simply log onto your computer with the account you set that iPad up in.

On the other hand, if it's all in the family, you can setup both iPads with the same iTunes account and iTunes library. That way you won't have to purchase apps, music, whatever twice.

Most reactions

Latest posts