What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 email accounts

jamesmflint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Morning.

I currently have my iPad 2 set up with my Gmail account for mail.
I am wondering if I can add a second email account to pick up my work emails? I don't want a merged inbox though...

Thanks

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have four. I'm not sure it will work with only two. :)

All you do is add another account they show as different accounts and don't get merged in any way.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@ K1W1: I only have three. Though I do have GMail set up twice, once as Exchange and once as IMAP. Does that count?

@ OP: Once you have a second email account set up you'll notice that when you tap the MailBoxes button at the top left of the email list that you have some new options. One is the All Inboxes, which will let you view all your new email at once. It doesn't merge them. It is just a convenience. You can also choose to view them individually, or choose from the account list below to view folder other than the inboxes.

Be sure to go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select a default account. When you send mail from other apps, or when you are viewing the All Inbox, this is the account you will send from by, well, default. You can change it when editing the email, but if you are like me you tend to forget that; so pick the email you want your replies to come to, at least most of the time.

When forwarding or replying to an email, it will always use the same account it came too, so no worries there.

Most reactions

Latest posts