What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Apple id's-separate countrys- i want all my apps! Yes? or No?

malamute

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I bought my ipad2 in Dubai. I was to find out later, after registering with the Apple UAE store, that it is the worst Itunes store in the world. Many common apps aren't available there. So i opened another one in my home country of Canada. This is a constant headache, because everytime i want to add new stuff..i always get that mesage, "the itunes library on the ipad is synced with another library, do you want to wipe everything on this ipad to add your new files you want to add? "

and..i'm like.. no friggin' way!!!
Is there a way i can join these two librarys together,,and delete the itunes uae account, so i don't have to go through this every friggin' time i want to add stuff???

Very frustrating. Thank you all.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't do this...yet.

I read somewhere that this capability is in the pipeline.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While you can't join your two Apple ID's, you can authorize both ID's in iTunes on the computer. That may help. You'll find the option under the Store menu. Just log on with each ID in turn, select the Authorize options, and enter the password for that ID.

When you get the Erase Everything message in iTunes, cancel the dialog, then right click on the iPad under the Devices list and choose Transfer Purchases.

I don't know for certain that this will cure the problem, but it's the only thing I can think of to try.

The other option is to completely abandon your UAE account and repurchase the apps and content you still want in the new account. If you've got a lot of stuff, that could be rather painful.

Most reactions

Latest posts