What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16 or 32 GB ?

lionman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi !

I think many people must ask this question, but tomorrow I am going to buy my new Ipad and I am still not decided were to go for the 16 or 32 GB ( 100 Euros difference is a lot of money for 16 GB..).

What is your advise ? Is 16GB enough for typical use ?

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I believe the question is 32gb or 64gb. 16gb is very light and there was no way it would work for me. I got the 64gb.

That said, what is your usage plan? It is important to know what you will do with the device to decide.

If money is tight, get the most memory you can afford. You probably won't be able to trade up later if you run out of space.
--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

larfor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I see myself as a "normal" user. I have some movies, about 400 songs, some pictures and several documents on my Ipad. I have also downloaded about 25 applications and games. All this makes a bit over 20GB so if you can afford the 32GB version I recommend you to buy it.

Good luck!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest user of drive space are videos. A full length feature film in HD can be well over 1gb so it won't take many of those to fill your iPad. If you are not going to be storing a lot of videos (if any!) on your iPad, the smaller of the two will probably be adequate.

Here is a somewhat current graphical representation of the contents of my 16gb iPad --

itunes29.jpg

I have over 800 songs (some of which are full symphonies) and you can see that it takes up just under 5gb. If I played all of my music start to finish, it would take over 4 days!

I only have one full length feature film, a half hour TV program and a couple of YouTube videos and you can see that is almost 2gb!

I have over 50 apps and as you can see, that is only a little bit over 1gb.

Hope this helps!

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If money not Is an issue so take as much as i can, better to have and not use then whant to use and not be able to.

OP
L

lionman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I believe the question is 32gb or 64gb. 16gb is very light and there was no way it would work for me. I got the 64gb.

That said, what is your usage plan? It is important to know what you will do with the device to decide.

If money is tight, get the most memory you can afford. You probably won't be able to trade up later if you run out of space.
--
Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

My plan is to store some videos so that I can watch them on my travels and also some songs.

I will also use the iPad on my work as an substitute to the traditional "pen and paper"

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 16gb is plenty for me. I use it mostly for web browsing & all the video I watch is streaming over Netflix. My 32GB iPhone is my audio device so hardly any need for the extra space.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your main question is where do you envision using it?
If you will be mainly using it at home then 16 with streaming apps like airvideo and zumocast will be fine.
If you travel a lot then the larger size will definitely be needed.

OP
L

lionman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your main question is where do you envision using it?
If you will be mainly using it at home then 16 with streaming apps like airvideo and zumocast will be fine.
If you travel a lot then the larger size will definitely be needed.

I will definitely want to load some movies for my travels, so I think I will go to the 32GB. Thank you all for your help !

Most reactions

Latest posts