What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16 GB vs 32 GB

Zumo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting to see everyone's reasoning for why they did or didn't get the larger capacity iPad. For me personally, I was going back and forth (pretty much since it's release date) whether or not I wanted\needed an iPad. Obviously I went ahead and eventually got one, but I went with the lowest model to save some cash and have the least amount of regret if I didn't dig the device (which I'm loving). A buddy of mine got the 64GB WiFi and admits he really only uses all the space for bragging rights and showing off. He has tons of movies on it to show people, etc. For me, the 16GB is working out fine so far. Like others have mentioned, I stream mostly all music and even my photos. I found a Shutterfly app (I've been using Shutterfly for a few years now) and I can easily view all my photos on the iPad, as if they were actually on it locally, great app! I have a few CD's ripped on the iPad and some photo albums. But other then that, I'm not using much space as of yet.

I do personally own a 64GB iPad. But it is a WiFi one so I can see some merits to having all the space. After music, photos, and apps, I used roughly 32GB. The rest I just filled with video.

I think with WiFi only unit, it's a lot more important to have more disk space. Next time around I'll be getting a 3G one. :)

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just do not use the space on my 32 gig. I stream what I want, the storage is really only used for apps. More space if good for travelers, of which I am not.

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having read through the thread, it would appear that the question to ask before asking how much memory you need, is what kind of use would you demand of the machine?

Streamed data lives elsewhere, not on your device. Your own media, of course, lives closer to home.

Here's a snap of my iPad memory. 64GB. Five movies, not much in the way of music, but close to 300 eBooks. Did I need all this memory? Probably not. SHould have asked myself the precursor question, aye?

bar.jpg

javajunkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 32G version, the only option is I wish I had was 3G, but I use a MyFi for that, but it stinks lugging around an extra piece.
I am a big Netflix streamer and have almost 60 apps and still have 18G free.

BTW, fav line in Red October: "The hard part about playing chicken is knowin' when to flinch"

Most reactions

Latest posts