What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16,32,64 GB Question

zodiak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm curious how much music can be stored on the 16GB ipad?
I'm interested in the new ipad not sure if I need more than the 16GB for my music

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless you have a very small music library and only plan on using the iPad for that, I would not recommend the 16 gigabyte iPad. I went with the 64gb iPad and am glad that I did so. 16 really isn't enough, as MoonlitSonata pointed out. If you get 16, you're probably just going to regret it later. Apps can accumulate very quickly on your iPad, and take up a considerable amount of space (if you're like me; I have 10 gb of apps on my iPad. I'd go with at least 32. Just my two cents.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the 16GB version has around 13.7 GB free or so (anybody know the exact number?). If you have your own ripped music, then you can store as much as that, and how many that is depends on how you ripped your music. I think AAC is supposed to be smaller than mp3 at the same quality settings.

I agree with the other posters...if you want to store a lot of music in addition to other apps, then get one of the larger sizes. Personally, I would not consider anything less than 64GB and for me that is not enough, and I have take all of the music off of my iPad (it is on my phone instead).

Most reactions