What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15K cash for a Car! Dealership or No?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Certified cars are hogwash that dealers invented to charge higher prices.

Okay...tell us how you really feel.:D

careful, your best weapon is to be informed.

I agree ~ Knowledge is power.

buy on the first visit.

Now this I have never heard. It may be difficult to do ~ this will be my daughter's first brand new car and you want us to leave without it?:p

So ~ Let's say we did....WHY are we doing that? To "look around", or "think about it"

Then what do we say when we come back the next day. Shouldn't we expect a better deal or something?

salespeople are NOT your friends.

This is very true! I have bought a few new cars and once I remember getting up to leave as he kept wanting me to do it his way, so when I was ready to leave, they always come around.:D

luck and have fun with it.

Oh we are gonna have some fun. We are going to get all dressed up and have them eating out of our hands.

One can only hope.:)

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
This is what we were thinking.

That's very smart best deals will be latter in the summer and fall on left over if you got time to Waite but I would start looking now do not rush got cash and time on your side and stick with toyota and Honda or gm is a very good USA car with 5 yr 100,000 warranty

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few more items.

If you end up buying new.

Use your Costco or Sam's club membership to get a better deal.

I've only used Costco but I was able to beat any nearby dealer's price using them.

Here is how I used my Costco membership to get a good price.

Pick out a few cars you're interested in.

Call the Costco auto number.

Tell them the makes and models of the cars, your looking at. Not all cars have Costco operatives in place.

You may need an option code for the vehicle.

They may have participating dealerships that are not in your area but that's okay.

You will call the Costco person at the participating dealership and they will give you a price. Like 100 bucks over invoice.

Write this price down. When the dealer would not budge on the price I simply told them what the Costco price was (2 grand less) and they caved. I never told them that the dealer was 6 hours away.

For those who have made it this far......

The reason dealers want to sell you on the first visit is because you can't comparison shop. Don't be taken hostage. They are pros you are not, and you are on their home field.

Practice the "walk-off", it's fun!

If your trading a car in don't let them try the "what do you want your payment to be?"

When they (the dealer) are negotiating and draw a square separated into 4 parts beware. The trade-in and the new car purchase are separate transactions. The square is designed to confuse the customer. Why do they still use it. Because it works!

Anyone ready to buy my DVD......just joking!

I am no expert on car buying but I try to educate myself when I can.

If you see the guy in my attached picture RUN!

Sent from my huge iPod touch via IPF.

Attachments

• image-3038114955.png
    image-3038114955.png
    422.3 KB · Views: 146

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use your IPad to your advantage. Preload it with the Kelley Blue Book app and a car finance app to double check the numbers. While my son was test driving the truck, I sat in the dealer showroom and logged into the free wifi to shop online for the dealer's price. I used the atomic web browser to bookmark all comparable trucks to get a handle on what the real market price is.

Remember to have fun. This is an exciting time.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you can search the Top Gear car review on YouTube if it's there.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have not even looked at any cars yet. Hell has arrived here in Sacramento @ 103 degrees.

Not my best time of the year. :( I will let you all know any updates. I had a friend once that went on line and got her car ~ went in and picked it up.

Wonder how easy that is, really?

Reaction score
We've got a railroad hub about 10 miles from my house that distributes the vehicles from all makers up and down the east coast and quite a few "dealers" that only buy at the hub, saving a ton . They buy at wholesale prices and we can literally pick what we want of any make/model but if it isn't there now you have to wait as much as a month for it to arrive there for pick up, no test drive, no financing, no free coffee, no showroom, etc. You tell them what brand, model, color, etc and when it comes in, if not there now, they deliver it to your house/work but you pay for it up front. Its legit and all , comes with factory warranties but many dealers here offer perks not, available at the hub, like free inspections and oil change for life.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She is in negoiations! She is looking at a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. Has 33,000 miles on it and they want 12K, give or take, for it.

They are giving her 1K. For her 12 old Honda, and AC just died yesterday and is over heating. She needs a car today.

It's a pretty blue.:)

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She is in negoiations! She is looking at a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. Has 33,000 miles on it and they want 12K, give or take, for it.

They are giving her 1K. For her 12 old Honda, and AC just died yesterday and is over heating. She needs a car today.

It's a pretty blue.:)

So they're asking for 12k after the trade in is applied or before?

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I don't know. I'm not there. It's all by text. Prolly before?
do not rush you have to have a good mech look it first not a buddy that thinks he knows what he doing and make a offer low then what there selling it for at least 1000.00

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She took her brother who works on cars for a living. They just came back and it is nice!

I am so proud of her! You guys wanna see a picture?

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
She took her brother who works on cars for a living. They just came back and it is nice!

I am so proud of her! You guys wanna see a picture?

Mazel tov! Heck yes we want pics!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts