1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

12v car chargers on Amazon = bad reviews

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Wetstuff, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Wetstuff

Wetstuff iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are a number of people selling a car charger for the iPad .. but almost all the reviews say these gentlemen are simply selling low wattage units for the iPod. Have you found one that really works?

I am tired finding that I have 20% of remaining after leaving my iPad sit for a few days. I would simply leave it plugged in.

Jim
  2. appsmonkey

appsmonkey iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You need to make sure you buy an iPad car charger that specifically says '2 Amps' on it and use the 2 Amp USB cable that it comes with. That will guarantee the fastest charge for your iPad (many iPod chargers only have about .5 or 1 amp which explains the slow charge). I have the Kensington Duo, which lets me charge both my iPad and my iPhone together without 'splitting' the charging power (it has 2.1 amps for iPad and 1 amp for iPhone). It's under 10 bucks too (on Amazon).

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. kvizzel

kvizzel iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would you mind posting where you bought it?

thanks!
  4. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    I have a Griffan that charges both pretty quickly tho' i've never charged them at the same time. I bought it at Best Buy.