128 GB iPad Available From Today

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 5, 2013.

By Maura on Feb 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  1. Maura

Expand Collapse
    iPadForums News Team

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks Received:

Just a few days after the surprise announcement confirming its existence, the 128 GB version of the full-sized iPad is now available in Apple’s online store. MacRumors reports that there does not appear to be too much of a shipping delay in the store for anyone wanting to buy one, with most stores in most countries still being able to ship out most models in 1-3 business days. The Wi-Fi + Cellular versions are in slightly scarcer supply, as you’ll have to wait 3-5 days for shipping of those, which is still not bad going. Of course, this is a very high-end piece of kit, with the Wi-Fi-only model costing $799, and the Wi-Fi+ Cellular top-of-the-range edition costing $929, so it’s probably more likely that there is less demand for this top-end model, as opposed to the basic 16GB Wi-Fi-only version, for example, or the iPad mini. It could also be that Apple is just very well stocked up on the new model, of course, which it says has been released primarily (but not solely, of course!) to benefit professionals such as designers who use AutoCAD WS for iOS, or high-end music recording and editing apps, such as WaveMachine Labs’ Auria iOS app. The CEOs of some major companies have been quoted by Apple as examples of the sort of users and companies who will appreciate more storage capacity on their iPads.

[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Apple Launches 128 GB iPad with 1-3 Day Shipping - Mac Rumors
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 5, 2013.

1. blessed
      Lol. I gave my 2 to my dad for Christmas when I found out Apple had released another one after the mini with the lightning connector like the iPhone 5. It was in PERFECT MINT condition. He is LOVING it :)
    2. tlbaker

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD
    3. leelai
      Lol....I'm with you....after using the mini for a while then grabbing my ipad2, it does feel like a brick! In weight that is. ;)
    4. Bennettb
      Lighter would be lovely as long as the screen size stays the same.

5. AdmiralAdama
      I know that I'm dreaming in technicolor but an iPad without a bezel would be heavenly. Virtual everything including a 3D Camera. I imaging the display appearing is if it
      were floating. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    6. AQ_OC
      Yeah, I do feel a bit conflicted after owning first an iPad 2 for a year, then getting the 3nd gen for 7 months, and finally after getting a 7-inch tablet, all of a sudden those larger ones are too heavy! Yep, sounds a bit daft. But it's a relative thing....no tablet is really heavy, but it is easier to hold a mini while playing games or reading than it is to hold a larger one. I guess if I could not ready the screen or type on it, it work not work for me....but I type much faster on the mini with the split keyboard than I ever could with the full sized iPad. All I can say is that if apple can get a retina screen and beefed up internals into this form factor they will clean up!
    7. skimonkey
      I need to hurry up and get an ipad mini and see what y'all are talking about! However, I'd like to wait to see if the ipad 5 will be smaller. Decisions, Decisions! :)
    8. Kaykaykay
      Yes, I'm eager to see iPad 5 and mini 2. If mini 2 gets better guts, 128GB and retina, I'm probably going that way.
    9. zstairlessone

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    10. Unleashed
      pretty much.. i moved from the 30 pin ipad 3.