What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$100 discount for Ipad vs new Ipad 2 which to choose?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Davebarrie said:
If you have experience using the iPad then you know that your dual core processor is going to be bored shitless unless you want to run the newest race car game, or edit a movie you shot with your clipboard sized camera.

"iPad2, Play That New Race Car Game"

EDIT: GarageBand does not require ipad2 guy, neither does any of the incredible synthesizer composers currently available (music studio etc)
I don't think you are as informed as you think you think you are as informed as

Right...can we get a translation of that last bit >.> come off your high horse, yeh?

Garage band is coming to iPad 1, you don't need an iPad 2 for it. iMovie is supposed to require iPad 2, but I saw an article about how to install and run it on an iPad 1 somewhere last night--though I'm sure performance would suffer some.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
dmaul1114 said:
Garage band is coming to iPad 1, you don't need an iPad 2 for it. iMovie is supposed to require iPad 2, but I saw an article about how to install and run it on an iPad 1 somewhere last night--though I'm sure performance would suffer some.

Yeah, I saw it too but can't remember where at. Anyone have a link? ;)

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:

Yeah, I saw it too but can't remember where at. Anyone have a link? ;)

I found it: How To: Install and Run iMovie On The iPad [Tutorial]

The link was in this thread in the general ipad forum: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/20350-will-garageband-imovie-work-us.html

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But that imovie looks like its a stretched out form of the iphone version .which would suck compare to the official ipad version with more functions

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But that imovie looks like its a stretched out form of the iphone version .which would suck compare to the official ipad version with more functions

Well I think the idea is that the hack worked to run the iPhone 4 iMovie app on the iPhone 3g and 3gs.

So it should be ok to do a similar hack to run the iPad 2 iMovie app on the iPad 1 as it doesn't seem to be much of a hardware restriction on the iPhone versions.

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like some fist-fighting is starting here. For me the decision is simple. I don't think I "need" the cameras. I don't do much gaming. The weight is not an issue. The $100 savings is good, but not a decision factor. All things being equal I plan to wait for the iPad2...just because...why not? However, if the lines are too long or once I get to the head of the line my desired 32GB/3G is not available I'm walking out with a first edition. BJ

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there,

Just about to buy my first Ipad.

I won't use the camera feature at all so that upgrade doesn't bother me and won't sway me either way.

Are the other differences worth paying for? Or should I take advantage of the $100 discount for the original version?

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Donna

The $100 discount only lasts as long as the supplies. However, there are always used ones for whatever price you can negotiate.

However, if you want faster response, lighter and easier to hold, with a super slick protective cover that also serves as a stand in Landscape orientation ... and quick on/off. The iPAD2 ... also newer apps will be more demanding and the dual core processor, much better graphic performance and more memory will serve you better. Your choice.

Last edited:

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey there,

just about to buy my first ipad.

I won't use the camera feature at all so that upgrade doesn't bother me and won't sway me either way.

Are the other differences worth paying for? Or should i take advantage of the $100 discount for the original version?

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Donna

the $100 discount only lasts as long as the supplies. However, there are always used ones for whatever price you can negotiate.

However, if you want faster response, lighter and easier to hold, with a super slick protective cover that also serves as a stand in landscape orientation ... And quick on/off. The ipad2 ... Also newer apps will be more demanding and the dual core processor, much better graphic performance and more memory will serve you better. Your choice.

but he is just surfing and playing basic apps a ipad 1 is good enuff.if your not a tech junkie like most of us . Get a refurb ipad 1 and save $150

Most reactions

Latest posts