What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 key pad????

gmt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there some way to pop up a standard 10key pad for entering numbers on the iPad2? Trying to use the straight numeric keyboard with the 1-0 can be pretty slow and inaccurate.

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several third-party keyboards that have numeric keypads but none will act or can act as the iPad's default keypad/keyboard if you're not jail broken. If you use one of these third party keypads/boards you'll have to copy-and-paste the resulting numbers after you've finished entering them. For some applications that might be OK but for, say, filling out a spreadsheet, it's not going to be acceptable.

Tim

OP
G

gmt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, That's kinda what I thought, but I figured it was worth asking. I use the iPad for tracking time and expenses for my consulting business as well as having notes, checklists, and documentation handy. I really don't want to start fooling around with it and break anything. In this case it's a tool, not something to experiment with.

Most reactions

Latest posts