1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

10 key pad????

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by gmt, Jul 29, 2011.

1. gmt

gmt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there some way to pop up a standard 10key pad for entering numbers on the iPad2? Trying to use the straight numeric keyboard with the 1-0 can be pretty slow and inaccurate.

Thanks
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    There are several third-party keyboards that have numeric keypads but none will act or can act as the iPad's default keypad/keyboard if you're not jail broken. If you use one of these third party keypads/boards you'll have to copy-and-paste the resulting numbers after you've finished entering them. For some applications that might be OK but for, say, filling out a spreadsheet, it's not going to be acceptable.

Tim
  3. gmt

gmt iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, That's kinda what I thought, but I figured it was worth asking. I use the iPad for tracking time and expenses for my consulting business as well as having notes, checklists, and documentation handy. I really don't want to start fooling around with it and break anything. In this case it's a tool, not something to experiment with.