What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Inch vs 7 Inch for Reading pdf books

amherian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone ,

I am looking to buy a new tablet for reading PDF books , What do you guys think is better Ipad 3 or Nexus 7? I can get both of them for almost the same price . they are both used Ipad for 2 years nexus for 2 months.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which nexus 7? 1st gen or 2nd?

The nexus devices are much lighter than an iPad 3rd gen and thus can be held a long time in your hand without fatigue setting in. The 2013 nexus has a great screen, too. In terms of readability, they are the about the same. If you have trouble reading small type then go with the iPad but plan not to hand hold it. You can get stands and cases that will prop it up for reading.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
2nd generation nexus 7

The answer really depends a lot on your eyesight. Many people feel the smaller text, though sharp, is hard to read. I don't, but I'm good at reading close up, so for me it is a wash, other than that the 3nd gen iPad is pretty having for hand-holding. You can hold the Nexus 7 all day.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If it's mostly text, you'll probably be happier with the smaller device, for it's easy of handling. If it is a lot of graphical content, like comics or magazine style layouts, the bigger screen is much nicer.

At least that's how it breaks down for me. I have both.

Despite that, I still tend to do most of my reading on the iPad. I'll switch to the Nexus 7 if I'm reading a Kindle book in bed; but if I'm at my desk I'm more likely to use a stand, so I can keep the bigger text and dual page layout (personal preference).

Most reactions

Latest posts