What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10.2 Update

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems at all. On a Windows-based system, it is sometimes helpful to delete your temporary Internet files. Don't ask me why this works, but I have had problems updating iTunes in the past and this has solved the problem... for me anyway.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
best thing to do is to download only. once you have all 6 (or 7) files downloade, you may go ahead and install..

OP
Aldo

Aldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It dowloads ok and installs 90% and then says error. Im running win7, i have resolved it by going to apple support and downloading it from there and it seems to have worked. Very strange it wouldnt install

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Restarted my computer and worked fine. Never had a problem updating until this one. I have windows also.

Reaction score
Used the Apple Updater to upgrade to 10.2, but some error message showed up while installing. Since I have to use 3G at the moment, I haven't tried again and won't before I figure out what the problem is.

This is on Win7 x64

Hthompson1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Win 7, have not been able to update iTunes to latest version. When I tried to, all I got was an error message that the windows installer could not be accessed. After which, I could not install other software either. I sent my HP to their repair techs (2nd time) and they have decided that to resolve my problem they are replacing my hard drive and recommending that I not update to the later versions of ITunes. It is apparently a software problem Apple needs to fix! There are many, many folks online with this same problem and no other apparent fix.

Reaction score
Hthompson1 said:
I use Win 7, have not been able to update iTunes to latest version. When I tried to, all I got was an error message that the windows installer could not be accessed. After which, I could not install other software either. I sent my HP to their repair techs (2nd time) and they have decided that to resolve my problem they are replacing my hard drive and recommending that I not update to the later versions of ITunes. It is apparently a software problem Apple needs to fix! There are many, many folks online with this same problem and no other apparent fix.

That sounds more like an incompetent or lazy HP tech support. There response doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why would they replace the hard drive while insisting, that it is a software issue? And then tell you not to update. I hope you weren't charged for that assessment.

Anyhow, to proceed. Which Windows version do you have? XP/Vista/7 and 32, or 64 bit?

OP
Aldo

Aldo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstalled the itunes on my laptop and I installed it from the main apple site NOT through itunes itself and it works fine. It does seem strange they say its a software problem but they will change your HD

Hthompson1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hthompson1 said:

That sounds more like an incompetent or lazy HP tech support. There response doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why would they replace the hard drive while insisting, that it is a software issue? And then tell you not to update. I hope you weren't charged for that assessment.

Anyhow, to proceed. Which Windows version do you have? XP/Vista/7 and 32, or 64 bit?

I am using Win7 X64. The tech did spend a week working on the machine and quite a bit of time on the phone with me. He could not prevent the error message from returning. The first time I sent it in, they appeared to have fixed the problem. But, as soon as I tried to update iTunes to the latest version I started getting the same error again. It would pop up and stop, over and over. The only way I could get it to stop was thru Task Manager.
I am glad to get the new hard drive, i plan keep using the older version of iTunes until Apple fixes the issue. So far they tell me it is HP's problem.

Hthompson1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uninstalled the itunes on my laptop and I installed it from the main apple site NOT through itunes itself and it works fine. It does seem strange they say its a software problem but they will change your HD

I agree it does seem weird, but one thing that happened I did not mention, windows would not let me uninstall iTunes. I just kept seeing the "Windows installer cannot be accessed" message. The only reason I can think of for replacing the hard drive would be there are bits and pieces of corrupting data they could not find. They did do a system recovery last time, about a month ago. That seemed to work OK until I tried to update ITunes when the problem started all over again.

Most reactions

Latest posts