What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10.2 = poor cell reception?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I got a new iPad Pro 9.7 cellular today. It came with iOS 10.0.2. Restoring from my iPad 3 backup was uneventful, except few of my photos and none of my music transferred. Oh well, perhaps an ordinary sync will fix that.

I popped in an H2O Wireless sim and saw five dots/bars. Yay! Then I accepted the update to 10.2...and now occasionally will see one dot, but almost always none.

Known issue? Known fix?

BTW, this puppy is fast!

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got a Pro 9.7 cellular as well. I've been through a couple of iOS upgrades. I think it was on the last version of 9.x when I got it and I just installed iOS 10.2 yesterday.

The signal hasn't changed at all. It shouldn't really... Just to add, I almost always get the same amount of dots on my iPhone and iPad when they're side by side.

And wow.. From an iPad 3 to a Pro 9.7. You're really going to see a difference :)

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think I've figured it out. The pay as you go sim I got from H2O will work for data on a phone, but not on an iPad. If I diddle with the cell and airplane mode switches, I can get five bars and the carrier name for a few seconds, or until I try to fetch anything with wifi off. Then any sign of connectivity disappears. If I want cellular data, I guess I'll need a monthly plan.

Yep, the Pro is nice. The 3 is relegated to streaming from the Comedy Central app, which doesn't do background desite its claims.

Most reactions

Latest posts