What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10.1 arrived

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Already upgraded the iPhone 7. Been playing with the new Portrait (beta) mode in the Camera app. Mixed results, maybe one shot in 5 being good-enough for me to keep; but since you get an un-altered version alongside the fake bokeh it's worth a try.

I'll post a couple of 'pretty good' results in the images thread, later.

OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not a major problem, for me anyway, but it is good to see the barometer function back.

Edit: I have noticed quite a few of my minor apps show a message on startup that they require the developer to update the app for compatibility.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, have 2 iPads updated - just an iPhone to go & 2 laptops (macOS is now 10.12.1) done, one iMac to go - remember for those 'new' to this process, do backups first; for iDevices, I have both iCloud & computer backups. Dave :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 10 appears to have broken AirDrop going by my experience and that of at least one other person.

10.1 has repaired it. I checked it this morning and found it was working as it should. (iPhone 5s)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS 10 appears to have broken AirDrop going by my experience and that of at least one other person.

10.1 has repaired it. I checked it this morning and found it was working as it should. (iPhone 5s)

AirDrop has always been a 'flaky' service for me between my iOS & macOS devices - usually works fine but not consistently - I use the technology often, so WILL be testing and hope that you are right! ;) Dave

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I also want to upgrade to 7. What about 8? Is there any info?

Hi Sara.... welcome to the forum! :) - this thread is about updating iOS 10.x on an iDevice; so, what do you mean by 'upgrade to 7...What about 8'? Assume that you are asking about the iPhone 7? Please clarify. Dave

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since updating to iOS10, my iPad Air 2 has locked itself in portrait mode twice by itself, once in iOS10, and again in iOS10.1. The only way to get it working again was with a double button reset!
Has anyone else had the same problem?

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not noticed here, but then 90% of time the Ipad in portrait mode.

Any particular app(s) causing this?

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not noticed here, but then 90% of time the Ipad in portrait mode.

Any particular app(s) causing this?

No particular app that I'm aware of. In fact on both occasions it was immediately after logging on, so the iPad was still on the home screen. No apps were actually running in the background.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No sooner updated than yet another. 10.1.1 only covers health data issues and there are no security enhancemenrs, so I have read.

Most reactions

Latest posts