1.5 month old ipad air 2 the black on the bevel is coming off and worse

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by theimortal1974, Feb 5, 2016.

1. theimortal1974

theimortal1974
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    like the subject line says the black on the bevel is coming off exposing silver beneath. considering it's a black ipad that's a problem. what's more disturbing is now a sliver of screen is now silver too. can't tell if it's even still responsive at that point of the screen. i'm new to ipad's though not new to apple devices (iphone and ipod touch). i find this really disturbing.

2. theimortal1974

theimortal1974
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i see why the black is coming off. i assume it's like paint but why the hell would the screen color come off. and what i'm afraid of is once it's started it will get worse and worse just like how when paint chips it starts to chip more and more.

3. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The paint on the screen is applied to the back of glass. The only way that would come off is if someone tried to pry the screen off or some sort of paint removing liquid got inside.

4. theimortal1974

theimortal1974
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i was keeping it in my fanny pack whenever i went out with it. i'm washing my fanny pack to make sure it doesn't have something bad in residue form there.

5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Since it has been less than 90 days since you bought your iPad, you're still covered by the 90 days of free telephone technical support. Why not give Apple a call and see what they say, especially about the black coming off from the screen.

6. theimortal1974

theimortal1974
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i live near a mac store. i plan to go there tomorrow.