Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Siri privacy?

This is a discussion on Siri privacy? within the Siri for the New iPad forums, part of the iPad Help category; Originally Posted by KevinJS +1. I've been all over France, and I love the place. Highlights for me were Carcassonne, Sarlat, Paris (of course), St ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Siri privacy?

  1. #21
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1412 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,493
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS

    +1. I've been all over France, and I love the place. Highlights for me were Carcassonne, Sarlat, Paris (of course), St Dénis (the Basilique is awesome), the Alps and Pyrenees, free wine in truckstops and miles of empty roads.

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF
    Kevin, I'm sure you've never had free wine in a truckstop in Canada. Maybe they could use the French truckstops as an example?
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    575 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,845
    Not so sure the wine would be that smart an idea, but the food took some beating in the French ones.

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  4. #23
    Moderator
    Member #
    131244
    Liked
    1412 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Regina,Canada
    Posts
    18,493
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS
    Not so sure the wine would be that smart an idea, but the food took some beating in the French ones.

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF
    Probably not.
    scifan57, iPad Forums Moderator
    Please read the Forum rules.http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  5. #24
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    224306
    Liked
    14 times
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by scifan57

    Kevin, I'm sure you've never had free wine in a truckstop in Canada. Maybe they could use the French truckstops as an example?
    Just got to drive through the Okanogan in BC during the fruit picking season. Plenty of roadside attractions...

    Chas

  6. #25
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    134772
    Liked
    13 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS

    +1. I've been all over France, and I love the place. Highlights for me were Carcassonne, Sarlat, Paris (of course), St Dénis (the Basilique is awesome), the Alps and Pyrenees, free wine in truckstops and miles of empty roads.

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF
    If you join the French Foreign Legion, you get wine with lunch and dinner!
    We may be a little off subject, on the other hand, Siri parle français n'est-ce pas?

  7. #26
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    575 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire

    If you join the French Foreign Legion, you get wine with lunch and dinner!
    We may be a little off subject, on the other hand, Siri parle français n'est-ce pas?
    Je ne sais pas.

    But yes, you are right, this thread is about Siri, so we'd better get it back on track. Please (pot calling kettle black here) use our other threads to pursue non-Siri related conversations, so that this one can return to it's intended purpose.
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  8. #27
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    134772
    Liked
    13 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS

    +1. I've been all over France, and I love the place. Highlights for me were Carcassonne, Sarlat, Paris (of course), St Dénis (the Basilique is awesome), the Alps and Pyrenees, free wine in truckstops and miles of empty roads.

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF
    As to empty roads, stay away from Marseilles. It is the 3rd most congested city in Europe after Istanbul, Turkey and Warsaw, Poland.
    Other than that and the corrupt police and high murder rate in the northern part of the city, it's an exciting place…almost like home…

  9. #28
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    134772
    Liked
    13 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS

    Je ne sais pas.

    But yes, you are right, this thread is about Siri, so we'd better get it back on track. Please (pot calling kettle black here) use our other threads to pursue non-Siri related conversations, so that this one can return to it's intended purpose.
    Back on track! Since I started this thread, I'm now a rehabilitated user who has shed all inhibitions regarding the Privacy issue.
    Have a great Sunday viewers!

  10. #29
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    220553
    Liked
    12 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
    Back on track! Since I started this thread, I'm now a rehabilitated user who has shed all inhibitions regarding the Privacy issue.
    Have a great Sunday viewers!
    Caved in to the pressure, eh?

    Personally, as a dinosaur, I don't use Google's voice search on my android devices or Siri on my iPad. I genuinely consider both services to be gimmicky & pretty useless - it's much more straightforward just to do a simple Google search, IMO. But each to their own.
    • Apple - iPad3 16gb, iOS 6.0.1
    • Android - Samsung Galaxy S, CnM Touchpad II, Asus TF101, Lenovo A1, Motorola Xoom 2 ME, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7. (But not all at once )

  11. #30
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    134772
    Liked
    13 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43

    Caved in to the pressure, eh?

    Personally, as a dinosaur, I don't use Google's voice search on my android devices or Siri on my iPad. I genuinely consider both services to be gimmicky & pretty useless - it's much more straightforward just to do a simple Google search, IMO. But each to their own.
    What can I say, if you can't beat them, join them:-)
    Well, I too Google more often than using Siri and yes, it's gimmicky and sold millions of iPhones, because we're surrounded by
    Gimmicks starting at the highest levels and being eaten up by the young and not so young.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Privacy
    By bomboo in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 09:19 PM
  2. Siri, pls teach me the Chinese language (Siri,請教我標準普通話)
    By csllanna in forum Chinese Dedicated iPad forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 01:59 AM
  3. iPhone 4S Siri Video Demo, Using Siri For The First Time
    By PhilSynowiec in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 10:58 PM

Search tags for this page

does siri keep a history

,

does siri keep history

,

does siri save history

,
does siri save search history
,
does suri keep a history
,
siri do you keep a history
,

siri privacy

,
using siri on ipad privacy
Click on a term to search for related topics.