As we all know, the iPad Mini doesn’t have a built-in BD drive. So if you want to want to watch Blu-ray movies on iPad Mini, you will need to rip Blu-rays to iPad Mini compatible video formats. To get the work done, a Blu-ray ripping software is needed. Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac is (Alternative Windows version) highly recommended to help you transfer Blu-ray movies to iPad Mini for playback. To be honest, the program provides an easy way to rip, convert and enjoy my huge DVD’s and Blu-ray collection of movies and concerts. The audio/video synchronization is very good, the size of the subtitles too. Just download it and follow the steps below to download Blu-ray movies on iPad Mini for smoothly playing!
How to Rip Blu-ray to iPad Mini supported video formats on Mac(Mountain Lion)
The quick start guide below uses Blu-ray Ripper Mac screenshots. The way to rip Blu-ray movies to iPad Mini on Windows is almost the same.
1. Open the top Mac Blu-ray Ripper for iPad Mini, click the “Blu-ray disc” icon to navigate the videos. You can also add DVD disc, ISO/IFO or Blu-ray/DVD Folder.
2. Set output options for iPad Mini. Click “Format” bar, you can get sevral customized profiles for iPad 3 under “iPad” category. Just choose “iPad 3 (New iPad) HD Video(*.mp4)” for iPad Mini.
3. Click “Convert” to start to convert Blu-ray to iPad Mini.
Tips: Before the conversion, you can click “Edit” button to edit your videos by cropping, trimming, adding watermarks, etc. What’s more, you can choose the subtitles and audio track for the target video on the main interface.
4. When the conversion complets, you can transfer the result videos to iPad Mini via iTunes, here’s the way to go:
1) Launch the iTunes and connect iPad Mini to PC.
2) Choose “File – > Add File to Library…”
3) Drag the .mp4 file you want to the iPad icon.
So there you have it. Pretty simple. Now you can view 1080P Blu-ray movies on iPad Mini as you like. Enjoy.