There are many free video streaming apps for iPad mini to access the media contents from PC. And Apple itself has noticed this. The built-in Home Sharing feature is meant for you to play your iTunes content with iPad and iPhone. In this post Iíd recommend you another alternative, i.e. the Pavtube Streaming Sever. Itís FREE and easy to use. You donít need to install any app or configure any settings on your iPad mini. Just download Pavtube Streaming Server to get started.
(Learn more about Pavtube Streaming Server)
How to set up Pavtube Streaming Server on your PC:
1. Install and run the free streaming server on your computer.
2. Switch the tab to Folder.
3. Click the plus sign to add sharing folder. (You can set multiple share folders)
4. Now back to the Info tab. Here you can find the streaming server port. Take it down.
How to play local videos to iPad mini:
1. On your iPad mini, open Safari.
2. Enter your streaming server port in address bar and press Enter. And the Safari will bring you to the share folder.
3. Choose a song or video, and press on it to start playing the song/video to iPad mini.
Tips and Tricks:
1. The iPad mini plays H.264 and MPEG-4 video in MOV, M4V and MP4 format up to 1080p. H.264 .mp4 is preferred.
2. If you have MKV, VOB, WMV and other videos wonít play/stream on iPad mini, encode the video to MP4 format with Pavtube Video Converter.
3. When having the free Streaming Server work with Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, you can play Blu-rays, DVDs and any kind of HD videos to iPad mini instantly.
4. This free Streaming Server also lets other devices to access your sharing media, including DLNA compatible HDTV, HD media player, Android devices, Windows Surface tab and smartphones (iPhone, Galaxy S3, Nexus 4, etc).