Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

What I see in my backyard...

This is a discussion on What I see in my backyard... within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by leelai ....I am envisioning a photo taken during all the bush fires a couple of years ago where firefighters came across a ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2091
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: What I see in my backyard...

  1. #1021
    Moderator
    Member #
    235421
    Liked
    616 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    3,655

    What I see in my backyard...

    Quote Originally Posted by leelai View Post
    ....I am envisioning a photo taken during all the bush fires a couple of years ago where firefighters came across a koala and were giving him a drink of water from a bottle. I think that photo touched the hearts of so many Aussies...
    Yes I clearly remember that morning when my wife showed me that photo. She seemed understandably upset as she said, "Oh look, his little paws, they are all burned and bandaged". I guess its occasions like that when we stop and think more of our Aussie icons.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Please come back to say whether a member's assistance solved a problem. Others may be helped by that.
    Check out the rules~ http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
    iPad3 64gig black, much unused PC Win 8.1 Pro, Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, Electrolux refrigerator (cool version)

  2. Ads


  3. #1022
    Moderator
    Member #
    235421
    Liked
    616 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    3,655

    What I see in my backyard...

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS View Post
    But us Canadians are taught not to generalize.


    Comes from teaching the rest of the world that we don't live in igloos. Not in summer anyway.

    Sent from my iPhone using iPF
    Well it's an interesting thing, how one country can view or imagine another. I have always wanted to see Canada, and one day I shall. In my mind Canada is a fascinating picture of beautiful lakes, huge forests of pine trees, moose, water expanses with great fishing (from canoes?), big modern and also picturesque cities partly French speaking, mounties, Niagara falls, totem poles, cold needing ear muffs to go outside in winter, (a cold that I sometimes wish for during our occasional summer heatwaves). I love train travel and would love to do that scenic East West route. Sail the Inside Passage, the Lawrence... Anyway you get the picture.
    I guess to really know and understand a country, you need to visit it.
    Regards, Andrew🐨



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    clermont likes this.
    Please come back to say whether a member's assistance solved a problem. Others may be helped by that.
    Check out the rules~ http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
    iPad3 64gig black, much unused PC Win 8.1 Pro, Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, Electrolux refrigerator (cool version)

  4. #1023
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    219668
    Liked
    368 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,944
    I got to Vancouver a few years ago. And it was one of the most enjoyable times. A really nice seafood place right on the water, got up into the hills a bit - just beautiful.

  5. #1024
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by The OB View Post
    Well it's an interesting thing, how one country can view or imagine another. I have always wanted to see Canada, and one day I shall. In my mind Canada is a fascinating picture of beautiful lakes, huge forests of pine trees, moose, water expanses with great fishing (from canoes?), big modern and also picturesque cities partly French speaking, mounties, Niagara falls, totem poles, cold needing ear muffs to go outside in winter, (a cold that I sometimes wish for during our occasional summer heatwaves). I love train travel and would love to do that scenic East West route. Sail the Inside Passage, the Lawrence... Anyway you get the picture.
    I guess to really know and understand a country, you need to visit it.
    Regards, Andrew🐨



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What I find from visiting various countries is realizing how much I don't know. I've spent considerable time in parts of Canada, for instance, but the country is so varied that there's no part that's representative of the whole country, IMO. I find that the flavor of each region can vary a lot. Even living and traveling widely in the U.S., I find so many differences in various parts of the country -- ways of life, rhythm of life, traditions and foods, accents and use of language, manners, etc. I'm Chinese and find the same in China -- so many differences. To me, that's the most enjoyable thing about travel -- the richness and diversity.

  6. #1025
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    85546
    Liked
    577 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edmonton AB Canada
    Posts
    9,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay

    What I find from visiting various countries is realizing how much I don't know. I've spent considerable time in parts of Canada, for instance, but the country is so varied that there's no part that's representative of the whole country, IMO. I find that the flavor of each region can vary a lot. Even living and traveling widely in the U.S., I find so many differences in various parts of the country -- ways of life, rhythm of life, traditions and foods, accents and use of language, manners, etc. I'm Chinese and find the same in China -- so many differences. To me, that's the most enjoyable thing about travel -- the richness and diversity.
    Travel never get old. I feel privileged to be able to visit some of the places I do. One of my favorite trips was up the Mackenzie Valley winter road a few years ago. Few people get that chance.

    We can only skim the surface, but it's better than staying home.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Apple Equipment (so far) rMBP 15"; iPad 2 (iOS 7.1); iPhone 5s (iOS 7.1); iPhone 4 (iOs 7.1); AirPort Extreme; Airport Express; AppleTV

  7. #1026
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJS View Post
    Travel never get old. I feel privileged to be able to visit some of the places I do. ...
    We can only skim the surface, but it's better than staying home.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

  8. #1027
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    213285
    Liked
    268 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, USA
    Posts
    960
    We live in St. Louis, and made our first road trip into Canada last summer. We visited Waterton, Radium Hot Springs, Banff, the Icefields Parkway, Jasper, Kamloops, Lillooet, Pemberton, Squamish, and Vancouver. We lucked out on weather, and got to see the tops of both Mt. Edith Cavell and Mt. Robson. The scenery was breathtaking...but the main cultural difference was how s-l-o-w-l-y Canadians drive.
    Last edited by LannyC; 12-15-2012 at 05:54 PM.

  9. #1028
    Administrator
    Member #
    48665
    Liked
    948 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    23,488
    Quote Originally Posted by The OB
    Yes I clearly remember that morning when my wife showed me that photo. She seemed understandably upset as she said, "Oh look, his little paws, they are all burned and bandaged". I guess its occasions like that when we stop and think more of our Aussie icons.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    So true....

    On another note entirely....just noticed your signature! . I have a Samsung fridge now!

    Please read the Forum Rules
    iPad Air 128gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad 2 64gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad Mini 32gb Wifi/Cellular - iPhone 5 - Apple TV - MacBook Pro 15" - Time Capsule - Airport Express

  10. #1029
    Moderator
    Member #
    235421
    Liked
    616 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by leelai View Post
    So true....

    On another note entirely....just noticed your signature! . I have a Samsung fridge now!
    We haven't had our 520 litre one that long. Bought Electolux not necessarily because it is made in Oz. Just wanted an "upside-down" down fridge with the freezer section at the bottom, and liked this one. (they weirdly call them "bottom-mounted") My wife likes them because it saves a lot of bending down to peer into the fridge for stuff you use most often. I liked it because it produces ice cubes on demand!
    Regards, Andrew
    Please come back to say whether a member's assistance solved a problem. Others may be helped by that.
    Check out the rules~ http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html
    iPad3 64gig black, much unused PC Win 8.1 Pro, Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, Electrolux refrigerator (cool version)

  11. #1030
    Administrator
    Member #
    48665
    Liked
    948 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    23,488
    Quote Originally Posted by The OB
    We haven't had our 520 litre one that long. Bought Electolux not necessarily because it is made in Oz. Just wanted an "upside-down" down fridge with the freezer section at the bottom, and liked this one. (they weirdly call them "bottom-mounted") My wife likes them because it saves a lot of bending down to peer into the fridge for stuff you use most often. I liked it because it produces ice cubes on demand!
    Regards, Andrew
    Well mine is also like that too.....much easier I find.

    Although its a drawer at the bottom with another draw within it. We have ice too....gotta love them!

    Please read the Forum Rules
    iPad Air 128gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad 2 64gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad Mini 32gb Wifi/Cellular - iPhone 5 - Apple TV - MacBook Pro 15" - Time Capsule - Airport Express


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

backyard

,

beaver island boat

,

by him the birds are fed

,

cherry tomatoes porch potted

,

goofy

,

groundhog running

,
how do you buy strawberry plants
,
kookaburras appearance
,

raising crayfish in swimming pools

,

trees turning in michigan colors pictures

,

what i see in my backyard

,

www.bamptonoxon. in picture

Click on a term to search for related topics.