Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Cancel Xbox Live

This is a discussion on Cancel Xbox Live within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; There's a way to cancel without having to phone the notoriously difficult company with a call that will cost more than a month of xbox ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    61947
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    292
    There's a way to cancel without having to phone the notoriously difficult company with a call that will cost more than a month of xbox live. All you have to do is get a new Debit card and don't update your card details, they will turn renewal off and will put you on Xbox silver after your remaining month has expired. Then, buy the points cards from game.

    Easy peasy Japaneasy.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Banned
    Member #
    55940
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    877
    thats pretty smart. i just give them my info but i might start doing this. thanks

  4. #3
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    89227
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    295
    They used to be awful to contact, recent years usually i've found it is both quick and easy.

    Personally i look around for the deals, currently 15 months for 12. Last time i renewed i got 12 months for £24 direct from M$

    Many moan about the cost of 'live' but to be fair even for £38 pa thats a cheap per month entertainment cost for what is a pretty well controlled good quality service, try playing PC or Sony Network games online without idiot cheating hackers wrecking the enjoyment.

  5. #4
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    61947
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by ipadbraincell
    They used to be awful to contact, recent years usually i've found it is both quick and easy.

    Personally i look around for the deals, currently 15 months for 12. Last time i renewed i got 12 months for £24 direct from M$

    Many moan about the cost of 'live' but to be fair even for £38 pa thats a cheap per month entertainment cost for what is a pretty well controlled good quality service, try playing PC or Sony Network games online without idiot cheating hackers wrecking the enjoyment.
    I had my xbox 2 years prior to getting live and only joined cos my mates were saying how good it was. The only game I ever played online was Call of duty and am not even on that much, maybe once a week. I know a guy who decided to just delete everything which lost him his gamer tag and achievments.

    Ps. I got the 3months for 4.99 without knowing it went onto auto renewal each month for £6 for something I don't even use.

  6. #5
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    89227
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishwarlord

    I had my xbox 2 years prior to getting live and only joined cos my mates were saying how good it was. The only game I ever played online was Call of duty and am not even on that much, maybe once a week. I know a guy who decided to just delete everything which lost him his gamer tag and achievments.

    Ps. I got the 3months for 4.99 without knowing it went onto auto renewal each month for £6 for something I don't even use.
    The auto renew is a downside, and expensive if you don't take a full years subscription rate. They should really ask, not make it a default.

    Pal of mine naively bought his grandkids a special offer £1 weekend 'live' subscription, paid by his card as thats the only way pay, and they innocently downloaded £60 of DLC maps which he new nothing about until his bill hit the door matt.

    You gotta act wise anything like this attached to a card you have to follow up and make sure the auto renew is turned off, you can't stop it through the bank like you can a DD, it becomes an open credit line to your funds.

  7. #6
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    61947
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by ipadbraincell

    The auto renew is a downside, and expensive if you don't take a full years subscription rate. They should really ask, not make it a default.

    Pal of mine naively bought his grandkids a special offer £1 weekend 'live' subscription, paid by his card as thats the only way pay, and they innocently downloaded £60 of DLC maps which he new nothing about until his bill hit the door matt.

    You gotta act wise anything like this attached to a card you have to follow up and make sure the auto renew is turned off, you can't stop it through the bank like you can a DD, it becomes an open credit line to your funds.
    Yep, if I get MW3 or BF3 I'll probably get live again, but will be pre paid cards from game for sure haha

  8. #7
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    111434
    Liked
    524 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Posts
    9,411
    No complaints from CIC about Xbox Live membership. It's a fair price for a very stable on-line platform. I'm playing GEARS OF WAR 3 and there's no lag. The Epic servers are more responsive. Running Netflix and Zune video thru the Xbox and buffering issues are gone.
    AA

  9. #8
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    61947
    Liked
    7 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    292
    I'll add that if you do this your friends list will be blocked so you won't be able to send party or chat invites or even see your friends list.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Xbox 360 4GB or 250GB?
    By wheems in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 09:24 AM
  2. xbox 360 espn app for ipod?
    By 2xarchonxx in forum iPad Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 04:53 PM
  3. Xbox live through ipad?
    By voodookills31 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 10:49 PM
  4. XBOX LIVE IDs
    By iParga in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 05:25 PM