Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Food anyone?

This is a discussion on Food anyone? within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Sounds super delish, Richard!!...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 545 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 428 478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 5446
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: Food anyone?

  1. #3771
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,178
    Sounds super delish, Richard!!

    iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)

  2. Ads


  3. #3772
    Moderator
    Member #
    50404
    Liked
    448 times
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bromley, Kent
    Posts
    7,533
    It certainly was thx, Skimonkey. Especially after we had collected 3 large sacks of leaves and planted about 70 narcissi bulbs. The leaf fall is going to keep us very busy for 3 or 4 weeks.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

    Brought to you from my super iPad3 - used as from 03/10/12
    Richard M Brown
    Bromley, Kent, UK


    Please read the forum rules: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

  4. #3773
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by skimonkey View Post
    I have tried to make some curry dishes, but realized that not all curry spice is the same. The one I bought certainly wasn't what I wanted.
    I will have to leave it to the experts and go to the restaurant to satisfy my craving!!
    There's lots of variety among curries even in one country, like India or Thailand, and yummy for diff flavors. Grinding your own fresh spices makes a big diff, which is why good restaurant curry is a lot tastier than what non-native home cooks make.

    My husband grinds his own spices and makes fresh curry paste, which he uses in various dishes.

    Indian and Thai markets are great places to get spices in big quantity for relatively low prices. The little bottles sold at regular supermarkets are much dearer and often of poorer quality.

    We also shop at other ethnic stores, depending on what ingredients we're looking for. Korean stores sell dried peppers in small pillowcase sizes, for instance, lol.

  5. #3774
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    237846
    Liked
    149 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,495
    Tomales for lunch

    Send from my iPad using iPF.net
    Last edited by goofy8275; 10-21-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Send from my iPad using iPF.net
    Regards, From the computing device of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user
    Forum rules: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

    iPad 3rd Generation 64gb WiFi, iPod Touch 5th Generation 32gb, iPod Classic 160gb

  6. #3775
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brown View Post
    It certainly was thx, Skimonkey. Especially after we had collected 3 large sacks of leaves and planted about 70 narcissi bulbs. The leaf fall is going to keep us very busy for 3 or 4 weeks.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Oh yes, I have been doing quite a bit of that myself. Good to carb up before taking on the fall clean up! So much work we still have to do!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    There's lots of variety among curries even in one country, like India or Thailand, and yummy for diff flavors. Grinding your own fresh spices makes a big diff, which is why good restaurant curry is a lot tastier than what non-native home cooks make.

    My husband grinds his own spices and makes fresh curry paste, which he uses in various dishes.

    Indian and Thai markets are great places to get spices in big quantity for relatively low prices. The little bottles sold at regular supermarkets are much dearer and often of poorer quality.

    We also shop at other ethnic stores, depending on what ingredients we're looking for. Korean stores sell dried peppers in small pillowcase sizes, for instance, lol.
    I think I remember that your husband was quite the cook and made/mixed his own spices like that. I have bought about 3 bottles of the different curry. I did manage to buy some which was fairly decent at Costco, believe it or not. It is what my mom uses and it is good.

    iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)

  7. #3776
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by skimonkey View Post
    Oh yes, I have been doing quite a bit of that myself. Good to carb up before taking on the fall clean up! So much work we still have to do!



    I think I remember that your husband was quite the cook and made/mixed his own spices like that. I have bought about 3 bottles of the different curry. I did manage to buy some which was fairly decent at Costco, believe it or not. It is what my mom uses and it is good.
    That's great. Costco is believable, because Asians love Costco. My family and I joke that if you want to see whether there are Asians in any city, the easiest thing is to check Costco -- if you don't see any there, that means there aren't any in the city, lol.

  8. #3777
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    That's great. Costco is believable, because Asians love Costco. My family and I joke that if you want to see whether there are Asians in any city, the easiest thing is to check Costco -- if you don't see any there, that means there aren't any in the city, lol.
    I have never heard of that...but now thinking about that, you're right. What draws my parents there also is the large bags of a certain type of jasmine rice with an elephant on the front. They also like their fruit section as well. I like Costco as well and always seem to become full shopping there with all the sampling!

    iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)

  9. #3778
    iPad Wizard
    Member #
    49745
    Liked
    440 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,973
    Quote Originally Posted by skimonkey View Post
    I have never heard of that...but now thinking about that, you're right. What draws my parents there also is the large bags of a certain type of jasmine rice with an elephant on the front. They also like their fruit section as well. I like Costco as well and always seem to become full shopping there with all the sampling!
    That elephant one is from Thailand, if I remember correctly. Asians typically like rice grown overseas, rather than say the U.S., which eats differently. When there was a rice shortage a few years ago, Asians went and stocked up. Even Costco was limiting how many bags you could buy, and I'm guessing it was Asians who hoarded, since so many of us eat rice daily, lol.

  10. #3779
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykaykay View Post
    That elephant one is from Thailand, if I remember correctly. Asians typically like rice grown overseas, rather than say the U.S., which eats differently. When there was a rice shortage a few years ago, Asians went and stocked up. Even Costco was limiting how many bags you could buy, and I'm guessing it was Asians who hoarded, since so many of us eat rice daily, lol.
    How do you know all this, KayKayKay?? Yes, you know about the elephant one too, than? Growing up with certain types of rice...it's hard to go to an uncle ben's instant rice/minute rice. Just doesn't taste real! Yup, you're right...the Asians probably did take up the supplies as much as they could! I think I remember my parents also going to the Asian food market for that as well!
    goofy8275 likes this.

    iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)

  11. #3780
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    237846
    Liked
    149 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,495
    I love rice!

    Send from my iPad using iPF.net
    Regards, From the computing device of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user
    Forum rules: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html

    iPad 3rd Generation 64gb WiFi, iPod Touch 5th Generation 32gb, iPod Classic 160gb


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Dishfinders 2.0 iPad app - food review and restaurant finder
    By BeOriginal in forum iPad for Foodies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 12:53 PM
  2. FreezerView - never throw out food again!
    By mortendall in forum iPad App Announcements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 12:56 AM
  3. Frash 4.2.1 food error
    By Dr.Gee in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 12:46 AM
  4. iPad Entry Level Point of Sales System For Food Services
    By Sonny Burnett in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 03:12 PM

Search tags for this page

canadian dish called poutine
,

chays filipino cuisine

,

filipino food wallpaper

,

food

,

food anyone

,
french dressing
,
gogle
,
wagon wheel snack food
Click on a term to search for related topics.