Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Name a Pet Peeve!

This is a discussion on Name a Pet Peeve! within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by 8nobody8 I told them not to worry about the bike. "what about my iPad?". Checked my backpack and all in one piece. ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 614
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Name a Pet Peeve!

  1. #81
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    7489
    Liked
    132 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    14,940
    Quote Originally Posted by 8nobody8 View Post
    I told them not to worry about the bike. "what about my iPad?". Checked my backpack and all in one piece. All is good in the world! iPad one, bike dented, me bruised...but the iPad survived! How good is that!
    Very good!! Too funny ~ I would have done the same thing! Glad you are okay, though!
    Marie ~


    64GB WiFi/3G iPad1 ~ JB with jailbreakme.com ~



    Forum Rules. Please Read.

    appleforums.net

  2. Ads


  3. #82
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    6630
    Liked
    22 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 8nobody8 View Post
    I told them not to worry about the bike. "what about my iPad?". Checked my backpack and all in one piece. All is good in the world! iPad one, bike dented, me bruised...but the iPad survived! How good is that!
    Very good!! Too funny ~ I would have done the same thing! Glad you are okay, though!
    LOL i tripped on the stairs holding my ipad. i fell , my knees hurt but my ipad was fine! im glad
    Fate is not by CHANCE but by CHOICE.

  4. #83
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    36880
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    137
    My current pet peeve is that my younger brother has the most negative personality imaginable. His self-esteem is probably in the negatives and he wastes no opportunity to shove it all down our throats. In addition to that, he always has to be one level worse than me. When I recently admitted to my family that I used to be agnostic, he told all of us that he used to be atheist in Sichuan a proud tone of voice!

    I know, I guess I'm probably too much of an optimist, but honestly, I can't stand talking to highly pessimistic people because it's such a strain.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

  5. #84
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    28887
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    758
    LOL Brenn! I have too many to list, but one of them is people not washing their flipping hands after using the bathroom, it is not only gross but, well ok it is just gross lmao
    Ipod 32 GB


    Not everyone has to agree with your point of views, but at some point they need to accept Them!

  6. #85
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    7875
    Liked
    17 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Antelope, OR
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by David79
    LOL Brenn! I have too many to list, but one of them is people not washing their flipping hands after using the bathroom, it is not only gross but, well ok it is just gross lmao
    ABSOLUTELY!

    I have a peeve in this vein as well: people who use GOBS of paper towels to dab their hands. What a waste. One sheet of paper towel, dry your hands as much as you can until the whole thing is wet, then you can use that to wipe your face or something else. By that time, your hands aren't perfectly dry (sometimes they are), but they're just damp enough to dry in the air within a few seconds. I love the hot air dryers.

    Oh, and I just hate it when people capture a bug, kill it, dump it into the toilet and then flush 1.5 gallons of fresh drinking water (why reclaimed and cleaned gray water can't be used for toilets, I don't know) to get rid of the bug. Again, more needless waste.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

  7. #86
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    28887
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    758
    Very true, Mtn! Cannot agree more.
    Ipod 32 GB


    Not everyone has to agree with your point of views, but at some point they need to accept Them!

  8. #87
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    33928
    Liked
    18 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmedic

    ABSOLUTELY!

    I have a peeve in this vein as well: people who use GOBS of paper towels to dab their hands. What a waste. One sheet of paper towel, dry your hands as much as you can until the whole thing is wet, then you can use that to wipe your face or something else. By that time, your hands aren't perfectly dry (sometimes they are), but they're just damp enough to dry in the air within a few seconds. I love the hot air dryers.

    Oh, and I just hate it when people capture a bug, kill it, dump it into the toilet and then flush 1.5 gallons of fresh drinking water (why reclaimed and cleaned gray water can't be used for toilets, I don't know) to get rid of the bug. Again, more needless waste.

    Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF
    I noticed that it takes 2 paper towels to completely dry your hands.
    iPad 1,1 16GB iOS5.01 (jailbreak)+elementary OS 0.2 Prerelease | Mac Pro (3.3Ghz, 8GB RAM) OSX Mountain Lion, elementary OS Prerelease/Beta 0.2+Chrome/Chromium OS | iMac 5,1 (Core2Duo 1GB) OSX Lion, elementary OS Luna 0.2 prerelease | HP compaq Crunchbang Linux | Mac Mini 1,1 (CoreDuo 2GB RAM) RIP

  9. #88
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    34459
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by j0yful

    LOL i tripped on the stairs holding my ipad. i fell , my knees hurt but my ipad was fine! im glad
    You have that heart stopping moment when you go to look at the screen and pray to the apple god that there isn't a crack straight down the middle! Only time I've been religious !

  10. #89
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    7489
    Liked
    132 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    14,940
    Quote Originally Posted by j0yful View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 8nobody8 View Post
    I told them not to worry about the bike. "what about my iPad?". Checked my backpack and all in one piece. All is good in the world! iPad one, bike dented, me bruised...but the iPad survived! How good is that!
    Very good!! Too funny ~ I would have done the same thing! Glad you are okay, though!
    LOL i tripped on the stairs holding my ipad. i fell , my knees hurt but my ipad was fine! im glad
    aww, Joy! Never ever use stairs while holding iPad. Hellooooooooooo? Are you okay?
    Marie ~


    64GB WiFi/3G iPad1 ~ JB with jailbreakme.com ~



    Forum Rules. Please Read.

    appleforums.net

  11. #90
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    13577
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Trky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison View Post
    Of course! But isn't that a medical reason as opposed to a scientific one?
    Medicine is science. The science behind it, is that there is too much sugar in regular soda so they drink diet. Diet coke with a burger is much better than water with a burger.
    That's like saying if you are going to have herbicide for lunch it's better to wash it down with pesticide rather than water.

    I contend you have grossly overestimated the percentage of diabetics ordering gobs of crappy unhealthy fast food and then washing it down with a diet coke, for diabetes sake.

    It's usually just like Michael's peeve was about: the diet soda is a token gesture to make it seem as if they are doing "something" healthy (as if 2 liters of chemical-laden liquid is in any way healthy). I say in most cases these people are not trying to help their diabetes.... they are causing it.



    Michael
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-26-2011 at 08:05 AM.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

what is apet peeve?

,

what was winston churchills pet peeve

Click on a term to search for related topics.