Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

My email was hacked into:(

This is a discussion on My email was hacked into:( within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I guess that's what you would call it. I have been getting emails all morning stating "your email has been returned" 54 so far. I ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    7489
    Liked
    132 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    14,940

    My email was hacked into:(

    I guess that's what you would call it. I have been getting emails all morning stating "your email has been returned"

    54 so far. I never sent one of them. People are emailing me back and going off on me.. I don't even know who they are! These 54 emails all go to my spam folders on my computer, never saw them in my iPad, but my blackberry has no spam folders and is driving me crazy with this crap.

    And I'm sick and never gonna get better.

    Okay. Done feeling sorry for myself ~

    I need a new email location. AOL is toast. Been there for years. What do you use? And I want to get all my contacts over to the new email with a click of the mouse.
    Marie ~


    64GB WiFi/3G iPad1 ~ JB with jailbreakme.com ~



    Forum Rules. Please Read.

    appleforums.net

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    5740
    Liked
    6 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, MS
    Posts
    770
    Sounds like your computer has a virus that has been sending messages to all your e-mail contacts.

  4. #3
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    13577
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    918
    If you are getting email from people you don't even know then it prolly wasn't your email account that got hacked, or a virus on your PC.... Your email address though has likely made it onto spammers/virus/zombie bot lists as a "from" address. So the bots are sending email as if it came from you... not much you can do about that now except hope for the best.



    Michael

  5. #4
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    17419
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    646
    Everything is Bigger in TEXAS!!
    iPad 16GB WiFi
    iPhone4 32GB

    Be sure and check out iphone4forum.net! For anything iPhone..
    Me over on the other side...

  6. #5
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    7489
    Liked
    132 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    14,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    If you are getting email from people you don't even know then it prolly wasn't your email account that got hacked, or a virus on your PC.... Your email address though has likely made it onto spammers/virus/zombie bot lists as a "from" address. So the bots are sending email as if it came from you... not much you can do about that now except hope for the best.



    Michael
    Exactly! As though it came from me! Lil shits.




    Quote Originally Posted by robertlc View Post
    Sounds like your computer has a virus that has been sending messages to all your e-mail contacts.
    No, Bob my computer is fine. I don't know these people. They aren't my contacts. Well, now I guess they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post

    Thanks, Danny! I think I am.
    Marie ~


    64GB WiFi/3G iPad1 ~ JB with jailbreakme.com ~



    Forum Rules. Please Read.

    appleforums.net

  7. #6
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    17954
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
    +1 on Gmail. I've had it for years. About a month ago I had a message pop up saying it looks like my gmail account may have been hacked. I changed my password and all is good. I don't know how they were looking out for me but they did.

  8. #7
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    1685
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    westcoast
    Posts
    800
    Gmail is great about protecting your e-mails.also check into others areas of onine banking and personal data files on the computer there just to make sure this areas are safe also

    also call your credit card company and see there has been 1.oo dollar amount test been done in the last 24 hours time frame if there has been a 1.oo dollar amount test amount get them to back trace where it was done at so the credit card companys and your bank can bring them to the local police for bring a case after them ..

    also check with your people for it could be a hack to see something on your side of frence about the work you do so keep that in mind if you get my dift that one there Sweet ..someone was looking for info on someone or some case that you might have on computer ..

  9. #8
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    13577
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    Gmail is great about protecting your e-mails.also check into others areas of onine banking and personal data files on the computer there just to make sure this areas are safe also

    also call your credit card company and see there has been 1.oo dollar amount test been done in the last 24 hours time frame if there has been a 1.oo dollar amount test amount get them to back trace where it was done at so the credit card companys and your bank can bring them to the local police for bring a case after them ..

    also check with your people for it could be a hack to see something on your side of frence about the work you do so keep that in mind if you get my dift that one there Sweet ..someone was looking for info on someone or some case that you might have on computer ..
    I think you are reading too much into this. Her email got on a bot list. Happens every .0000000000000012 seconds in this world. Nothing uncommon about it. Can happen a million different ways. But it ain't hacked... that is not the sign at all. If someone hacked it they ain't gonna let it be broadcast to the rest of the world... they gonna keep it to themselves for their dirty deeds.



    Michael

  10. #9
    iPad Master!
    Member #
    6869
    Liked
    4 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post

    I think you are reading too much into this. Her email got on a bot list. Happens every .0000000000000012 seconds in this world. Nothing uncommon about it. Can happen a million different ways. But it ain't hacked... that is not the sign at all. If someone hacked it they ain't gonna let it be broadcast to the rest of the world... they gonna keep it to themselves for their dirty deeds.



    Michael
    Yep, that...frustrating..

    Oh and..yeah use gmail Marie!

  11. #10
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    1685
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    westcoast
    Posts
    800
    [quote=Tinman;100681][quote=
    I think you are reading too much into this. Her email got on a bot list. Happens every .0000000000000012 seconds in this world. Nothing uncommon about it. Can happen a million different ways. But it ain't hacked... that is not the sign at all. If someone hacked it they ain't gonna let it be broadcast to the rest of the world... they gonna keep it to themselves for their dirty deeds.



    Michael[/quote]

    iam allways thinking that people are up to no good anyway ..


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. SSH Password has been hacked!
    By jpower9 in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 03:45 PM
  2. iTunes Accounts Being Hacked
    By Sonny Burnett in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 03:22 PM
  3. Was Your Email Address Hacked?
    By CaptKirk in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 01:41 AM

Search tags for this page

aol email account hacked on ipad 2
,
can email be hacked from ipad
,
email hacked on ipad
,

ipad email hacked

,
ipad email hacked what to do
,
ipad hacked email
,
what to do about hacked cant send email from ipad
,
what to do when yahoo email got hacked on ipad
Click on a term to search for related topics.