Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

This is a discussion on TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know! within the New Member Introductions - Site Assistance forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mickey330 Okay, now this was a kewl find... In iOS 5.x - have the icons wiggling cause you're either deleting an app ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1178
Like Tree428Likes

Thread: TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

  1. #671
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    37823
    Liked
    748 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cranbrook, Kent, UK
    Posts
    17,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330
    Okay, now this was a kewl find...

    In iOS 5.x - have the icons wiggling cause you're either deleting an app or moving them around. Instead of pressing the home button to stop the wiggling, pull down the Notification Center. The icons immediately stop wiggling.

    You don't even have to let go of the Notification Center tab (and thus have to send it back up by tapping outside of it), you can just make a down/up motion without lifting your finger.

    Found this by accident ... hope it entertains you as much as I.

    Marilyn
    Nice find....I'm going to try it now!

    The Archangel

  2. Ads


  3. #672
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    52417
    Liked
    18 times
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dorset, United Kingdom
    Posts
    287
    And there I was, thinking that the one in that needed to be done to make the button obsolete on the iPad was a way of stopping the wiggling. Thanks for that!

    Sent via iPF from my iPad2 iOS 5.1.

  4. #673
    Administrator
    Member #
    48665
    Liked
    946 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    23,477
    That is a good one Marilyn, thank you.

    Please read the Forum Rules
    iPad Air 128gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad 2 64gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad Mini 32gb Wifi/Cellular - iPhone 5 - Apple TV - MacBook Pro 15" - Time Capsule - Airport Express

  5. #674
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    180339
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    3
    I think this is a new one, when you are entering mail addresses in the mail ap, if you press & hold the period, you are offerered all manner of short-cut terminators.... (give it a try, you will get my meaning)

  6. #675
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    15433
    Liked
    23 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Tredder View Post
    I think this is a new one, when you are entering mail addresses in the mail ap, if you press & hold the period, you are offerered all manner of short-cut terminators.... (give it a try, you will get my meaning)
    This happens with most keys.

  7. #676
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    180847
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2
    Help

    I downloaded the new Iphoto for ipad. And man it is nice to work with.

    But Now I have move some pictures from my Mac to the Ipad, edited them, and want them back on my Mac.

    I would like them to be copied into the folder from where they came.

    overwriting the old version of the pictures.


    Is this possible?

    I am not using Iphoto on the mac, but picasa!

  8. #677
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    15433
    Liked
    23 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    782
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbubber View Post
    Help

    I downloaded the new Iphoto for ipad. And man it is nice to work with.

    But Now I have move some pictures from my Mac to the Ipad, edited them, and want them back on my Mac.

    I would like them to be copied into the folder from where they came.

    overwriting the old version of the pictures.


    Is this possible?

    I am not using Iphoto on the mac, but picasa!
    I don't think you can sync to a folder as such. I believe you would need to share your images via itunes and then manually copy these images over to your folder. The image names may well be diffrent as well so they wouldn't overwrite the existing files if that is the case.

  9. #678
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    180339
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by donka View Post
    This happens with most keys.

    ....not so new then.... :-(

  10. #679
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    111797
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    307
    Here is one that I just found out a few seconds ago. Hold the key that looks like a keyboard. Location under the up arrow key and next to the .?123 key you will have 2 options one is the
    split keyboard and the other is docking the keyboard. Undocking will move the keyboard up to the middle of the screen which makes it much easier to type if the iPad is resting on ones body which makes the keyboard right next to the body.

    Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

  11. #680
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    39405
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by WitchOneSalem
    Here is one that I just found out a few seconds ago. Hold the key that looks like a keyboard. Location under the up arrow key and next to the .?123 key you will have 2 options one is the
    split keyboard and the other is docking the keyboard. Undocking will move the keyboard up to the middle of the screen which makes it much easier to type if the iPad is resting on ones body which makes the keyboard right next to the body.

    Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB
    And here I thought it just closed/moved the keyboard out of sight.....

    Awesome - thanks!


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Tips & Tricks Take2!
    By Dannyboy85 in forum Apple iPad News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-21-2014, 04:42 PM
  2. Old dog trying new tricks
    By Firedawg in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 04:53 PM
  3. 10 Essential iPad Tips & Tricks [Gizmodo]
    By cimousa in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 01:54 AM
  4. VPN-Any tricks?
    By lostcontrol in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
  5. New member, looking for tips and tricks
    By mrpunch0 in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 04:41 AM

Search tags for this page

http:/www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gener....don't-know.html/ioss tips and tricks
,

ipad forum tips and tricks

,

ipad underscore key

,
page zipper
,
time warner cable imap
,
what does scrubbing rate mean on ipad
,
where is the underscore key on ipad
,
youtube scrubbing rate
Click on a term to search for related topics.