Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Ipad 3 - Unable to open an email

This is a discussion on Ipad 3 - Unable to open an email within the New Member Introductions - Site Assistance forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hi, I can see my emails but when I touch the screen nothing opens- help please...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Barçamad

Thread: Ipad 3 - Unable to open an email

  1. #1
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    278074
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Ipad 3 - Unable to open an email

    Hi, I can see my emails but when I touch the screen nothing opens- help please

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    215920
    Liked
    85 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Mids, UK
    Posts
    469
    Hi,
    Are you using the native Mail app, mine sits on my task bar at the bottom of my home screen? Reason I ask is that you say you can see all your emails. (Using iPad 3, 32gb, Wi-Fi, IOS 6.1)
    Mike
    Blaugrana forever

  4. #3
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    278074
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Hi Mike,

    I normally open my emails from my desktop. It started today where I can see my emails opened or not, but cannot click on anything on the page. If I open an email on my phone it then shows that it has been opened on my ipad.. I have looked at the settings and cannot see anything not open that should be..

    Mike

  5. #4
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    215920
    Liked
    85 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Mids, UK
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkm02
    Hi Mike,

    I normally open my emails from my desktop. It started today where I can see my emails opened or not, but cannot click on anything on the page. If I open an email on my phone it then shows that it has been opened on my ipad.. I have looked at the settings and cannot see anything not open that should be..

    Mike
    Sorry to hear that. I am sure somebody on here will come up with a solution, due to time zones it sometimes takes a little time. You could try a hard reset but first check to see what apps (particularly the mail app) are open and close them down. Failing that hold home button and power button down together until the Apple logo appears then release and let the iPad boot up. Hopefully, that should sort it. If not keep the thread open and await an answer. There are some really clever and knowledgeable forum members on here who will come to your aid I am sure.
    Good luck
    leelai likes this.
    Blaugrana forever

  6. #5
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    278074
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barçamad

    Sorry to hear that. I am sure somebody on here will come up with a solution, due to time zones it sometimes takes a little time. You could try a hard reset but first check to see what apps (particularly the mail app) are open and close them down. Failing that hold home button and power button down together until the Apple logo appears then release and let the iPad boot up. Hopefully, that should sort it. If not keep the thread open and await an answer. There are some really clever and knowledgeable forum members on here who will come to your aid I am sure.
    Good luck
    Hi, I have just followed your advice.... and it worked. Thank you so much

  7. #6
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    215920
    Liked
    85 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Mids, UK
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkm02

    Hi, I have just followed your advice.... and it worked. Thank you so much
    Hi again. Great! I am so pleased for you. Thanks for letting me know. There is so much to learn about iPads but it is fun.
    Take care,
    Mike
    Blaugrana forever

  8. #7
    Administrator
    Member #
    48665
    Liked
    945 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    23,470
    Hi and welcome to the Forum!

    So glad Barçamad was able to help you....enjoy!

    The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

    We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
    Tutorial on creating posts on the Forum
    Creating Posts and Starting New Threads - How To
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
    3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gener...dont-know.html
    iOS5 Tips and Tricks
    Easy pictorial shortcuts & Helpful places. - For People new to the iPad.
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also
    Forum rules - everybody please read!!

    Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

    Please read the Forum Rules
    iPad Air 128gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad 2 64gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad Mini 32gb Wifi/Cellular - iPhone 5 - Apple TV - MacBook Pro 15" - Time Capsule - Airport Express

  9. #8
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    278074
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Hi Leelai,

    I'm so glad to have posted my problem and got a solution so soon. Thank you for your info also.

    Mike

  10. #9
    Administrator
    Member #
    48665
    Liked
    945 times
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    23,470
    Quote Originally Posted by wilkm02
    Hi Leelai,

    I'm so glad to have posted my problem and got a solution so soon. Thank you for your info also.

    Mike
    You're welcome!

    There's a lot of info in my links, may take you quite a while to go through them all, but it's well worth it as you will learn many tips! Enjoy!

    Please read the Forum Rules
    iPad Air 128gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad 2 64gb Wifi/Cellular - iPad Mini 32gb Wifi/Cellular - iPhone 5 - Apple TV - MacBook Pro 15" - Time Capsule - Airport Express


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to open Numbers spreadsheet on iPad
    By mmesford in forum iCloud
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM
  2. Unable to open app store on Ipad
    By blkrose1959 in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 10:25 PM
  3. My ipad is unable to open apps
    By Attiya95 in forum New Member Introductions - Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 10:24 PM
  4. Unable to open apps in iTunes Store
    By Yeshua7 in forum iPad Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 05:22 AM
  5. unable access mail after open attachment
    By Leilanilea in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Search tags for this page

ipad 3 unable to open email
,

unable to open email on ipad

,

unable to open mail on ipad

Click on a term to search for related topics.