Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

This is a discussion on TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs within the Jailbreaking & Hacking Tutorials & How-To Guides forums, part of the iPad Hacking category; Originally Posted by f4780y Because you have an iPad2 3G model AND IOS5 has now been publicly released and the 4.3.5 signing window closed, your ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 186
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

  1. #111
    JDD
    JDD is offline
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    113239
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by f4780y View Post
    Because you have an iPad2 3G model AND IOS5 has now been publicly released and the 4.3.5 signing window closed, your only option is to install IOS5 now. Sorry.

    To do it correctly, you MUST put your iPad into DFU mode (see our sticky in the Hacking section for a guide). Recovery mode won't cut it. And to be clear, you should NOT be using TinyUmbrella for this. Make sure before you close TU that on the "Advanced" tab you have UNTICKED the option which says "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit". Then you should be good to go.
    Thanks for your help. I actually would like to install iOS5, so that sounds great. Unfortunately, I'm still running into problems. I put my iPad into DFU mode (blank screen, no picture of the iTunes logo) by holding down the home and power buttons for 10 seconds, and then releasing the power while still holding home for another few seconds. I followed your advice and did not used TinyUmbrella; after unticking the "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" option, I closed the program entirely.

    In iTunes, I option-clicked the Restore button and selected a ipsw file of iOS5 that I had downloaded (iPad2,2_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw). The install then began, but eventually gave me this error: The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

    Thanks so much for any help you or others can offer! As I mentioned, by iPad now goes right into recovery mode when I start it; I can't see how to get out of recovery mode, so it's basically unusable.

  2. Ads


  3. #112
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104
    Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    Thanks for your help. I actually would like to install iOS5, so that sounds great. Unfortunately, I'm still running into problems. I put my iPad into DFU mode (blank screen, no picture of the iTunes logo) by holding down the home and power buttons for 10 seconds, and then releasing the power while still holding home for another few seconds. I followed your advice and did not used TinyUmbrella; after unticking the "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" option, I closed the program entirely.

    In iTunes, I option-clicked the Restore button and selected a ipsw file of iOS5 that I had downloaded (iPad2,2_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw). The install then began, but eventually gave me this error: The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

    Thanks so much for any help you or others can offer! As I mentioned, by iPad now goes right into recovery mode when I start it; I can't see how to get out of recovery mode, so it's basically unusable.
    The process you are describing is correct. Perhaps the firmware file is incomplete? Try downloading it again from here - http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/04...4_Restore.ipsw
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  4. #113
    JDD
    JDD is offline
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    113239
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by f4780y View Post
    The process you are describing is correct. Perhaps the firmware file is incomplete? Try downloading it again from here -
    Thanks again for your help. I download the iOS5 file from the link you sent. Using the unix diff command, I determined that it was identical to the previous file I had downloaded. Just to be one the safe side, though, I repeated the process using your new file (w/ TU turned off, etc). I got the following error: The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600).

    Perhaps this will help. When I plug the iPad into iTunes in DFU mode or otherwise, the following information about the iPad is given:

    Name: iPad
    Capacity: n/a
    Software Version: n/a
    Serial Number: n/a

    Could it be that iTunes cannot read the serial number or this other information, and so cannot recognize that my iPad is the appropriate one for this ipsw file?

    Thanks.

  5. #114
    JDD
    JDD is offline
    iPF Noob
    Member #
    113239
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4
    Well I sure feel dumb... I restarted the computer/installed the latest version of iTunes, and it worked great. Hopefully your helpful answers will at least be useful to others! Sorry for the inconvenience... thanks for your help.

  6. #115
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    114172
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Hi All , I am having difficulty restoring my IPAD 2 3G (GSM) from OS 4.3.3 to 4.3.3 . My Ipad2 is unlocked . My Ipad2 was Originally on 4.3.3. (Jailbreaked) . I backed up my shshs using tinyumbrella-5.00.12a.exe . I wanted to rest the IPad, but reset from Menu options was not working . Ipad2 reset start , reboots , but hanged on reset bar . (0% completion) This is when i decided to restore back using original firmware iPad2,2_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw . I tried different version of ITunes on different windows OS but still no Joy . Here is my current setup . Using Windows 64 Bit . With 64 Bit Itunes version : (Version 10.1.2.17) tinyumbrella-5.00.12a . I unchecked options : "set cydia as host in exit" and request shsh from cydia Pointed to my shshs Folder . Also cleared the Hosts file before starting TU . Started the TU server and then Itunes . Disabled by Firewall, Shutdown Zonealarm . I am connected to Internet .
    Restores starts fails with Error Code 1013
    Any help would be appreciated Thanks Here is few lines from Updater Log............................................... .............................
    entering update_device_firmware entering update_iBoot write_image3_data: flashing LLB data (length = 0x1a9da) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x389da) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x105da) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x1d9a) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x108da) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0xb9da) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x451a) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x185a) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x141a) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x141a) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x3e9a) write_image3_data: flashing NOR data (length = 0x3d05a) entering update_gas_gauge entering update_ir_mcu looking for mcu nub...no entry from path! TiSerialFlasher not supported on this platform. Exiting. entering update_baseband perform_baseband_update: registering for progress notifications perform_baseband_update: fusing disabled perform_baseband_update: Got imei svn: 4 baseband updater options = <cfbasichash 0x1c60eba0="" [0x2f19f8]="">{type = mutable dict, count = 6, entries => 0 : <cfstring 0x18ae34="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "EraseEFS"} = <cfboolean 0x2f1fa8="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = true} 1 : <cfstring 0x18ae54="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "IMEISwVersion"} = <cfnumber 0x1c60d890="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = +4, type = kCFNumberSInt32Type} 2 : <cfstring 0x18aec4="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "autoSetupEnv"} = <cfboolean 0x2f1fb0="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = false} 3 : <cfstring 0x18ade4="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "forceUpdate"} = <cfboolean 0x2f1fa8="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = true} 5 : <cfstring 0x18aed4="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "disablePing"} = <cfboolean 0x2f1fa8="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = true} 6 : <cfstring 0x18ae04="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "DisallowFusiing"} = <cfboolean 0x2f1fa8="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = true} }
    perform_baseband_update: querying baseband info bbupdater: Opening device path /dev/cu.debug, using baud 115200 bbupdater: Configuring Hardware Mux...bbupdater: OK bbupdater: [13.01]::: Polled 1 bbupdater: Opening device path /dev/cu.debug, using baud 115200 bbupdater: [13.01]::: Beginning boot bbupdater: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- bbupdater: BEGINNING BOOT bbupdater: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- bbupdater: Sending boot code...bbupdater: [13.00]::: powercycle bbupdater: Attempt 0: Timeout bbupdater: - Sleeping for 2.227 seconds bbupdater: - CertID: 0x101 bbupdater: OK bbupdater: [13.01]::: Boot OK bbupdater: [02.00]::: ChipInfo: snum: 0x08011296310CD363622CA28D, chipid: 0x50, goldcertid: 0x101, nonce: 0x perform_baseband_update: query returned <cfbasichash 0x1c5104a0="" [0x2f19f8]="">{type = mutable dict, count = 5, entries => 0 : <cfstring 0x18b014="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "done"} = <cfboolean 0x2f1fb0="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = false} 2 : <cfstring 0x18a404="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "ChipID"} = <cfnumber 0x1c510090="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = +80, type = kCFNumberSInt32Type} 3 : <cfstring 0x18af14="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "BcVersion"} = <cfnumber 0x1c510520="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = +163, type = kCFNumberSInt32Type} 4 : <cfstring 0x18aff4="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "CertID"} = <cfnumber 0x1c510530="" [0x2f19f8]="">{value = +257, type = kCFNumberSInt32Type} 6 : <cfstring 0x18af04="" [0x2f19f8]="">{contents = "ChipSerialNo"} = <cfdata 0x1c510840="" [0x2f19f8]="">{length = 12, capacity = 12, bytes = 0x08011296310cd363622ca28d} }
    perform_baseband_update: requesting data from host perform_baseband_update: received data from host (22 bytes) perform_baseband_update: performing next update stage bbupdater: Validating parameters...bbupdater: OK bbupdater: !!! bbupdater: [13.-1]::: Exception at :0: - kBBUReturnError(1)/7: unable to locate firmware file bbupdater: bbupdater: !!! bbupdater: Exception at :0: - kBBUReturnError(1)/7: unable to locate firmware file send_bbupdate_status: sending baseband update status to host perform_baseband_update: failed to perform next stage perform_baseband_update: bbupdater error: Exception at :0: - kBBUReturnError(1)/7: unable to locate firmware file
    attempting to dump restore log writing log file: /mnt1/restore.log
    ==== end of device restore output ==== 2011-10-20 11:34:45.261 [3768:10ec]: AMRAuthInstallDeletePersonalizedBundle 2011-10-20 11:34:45.323 [3768:10ec]: removed personalized bundle 2011-10-20 11:34:45.323 [3768:10ec]: <restore device="" 0761e3b8="">: Restore failed (result = 1013) 2011-10-20 11:34:45.694 [3768:b14]: iTunes: Restore error 1013

  7. #116
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzir
    Hi All , I am having difficulty restoring my IPAD 2 3G (GSM) from OS 4.3.3 to 4.3.3 . My Ipad2 is unlocked . My Ipad2 was Originally on 4.3.3. (Jailbreaked) . I backed up my shshs using tinyumbrella-5.00.12a.exe . I wanted to rest the IPad, but reset from Menu options was not working . Ipad2 reset start , reboots , but hanged on reset bar . (0% completion) This is when i decided to restore back using original firmware iPad2,2_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw . I tried different version of ITunes on different windows OS but still no Joy . Here is my current setup . Using Windows 64 Bit . With 64 Bit Itunes version : (Version 10.1.2.17) tinyumbrella-5.00.12a . I unchecked options : "set cydia as host in exit" and request shsh from cydia Pointed to my shshs Folder . Also cleared the Hosts file before starting TU . Started the TU server and then Itunes . Disabled by Firewall, Shutdown Zonealarm . I am connected to Internet .
    Restores starts fails with Error Code 1013
    Any help would be appreciated Thanks Here is few lines from Updater
    I'm afraid you are out of luck. Because you have an iPad2 3G model, blobs can no longer be used to restore a 4.x firmware in a situation where a restore is required.
    Apple have changed the way firmware restores operate. If the restore of the baseband on the 3G model fails, the entire restore process fails. On iPad1 3G devices this does not matter because we can correct the failure and kick them out of recorvery mode. There are no known bootrom exploits for iPad2 3G which would allow us to do the same thing.

    So, unfortunately, your only option now is to restore to IOS 5.0. Here are the steps for you:

    1) update iTunes to 10.5 (it must be this version for a 5.0 installation to succeed).
    2) ensure you unticked "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" in TinyUmbrella, then close the program.
    3) put your iPad into DFU mode - This is critical - We have a sticky in the Hacking section if you need help to do this.
    4) open iTunes and restore to stock IOS 5.0 by pressing the restore button.

    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by f4780y; 10-20-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    rizzir likes this.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  8. #117
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    114172
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    where do i get this firmware from ? stock IOS 5.0
    and is this jailbreaked OS? or will i be able to jailbreak it?
    Thanks for your help

  9. #118
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzir
    where do i get this firmware from ? stock IOS 5.0
    and is this jailbreaked OS? or will i be able to jailbreak it?
    Thanks for your help
    No, you have lost your ability to jailbreak for now. There is no iPad2 jailbreak for IOS5 yet, and it may be some time away.

    The word "stock" just means the standard Apple firmware. If you follow the instructions I gave above iTunes will install it for you from Apple.

    To be clear, this is you ONLY choice now, and it is specifically because you have an iPad2 3G model. Sorry.
    rizzir likes this.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  10. #119
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    14571
    Liked
    632 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Troon, Scotland
    Posts
    7,104
    I have updated the first post with clearer warnings for iPad2 3G owners.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 7.0b2 (stock) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)


    Please review the hacking section rules and our main rules before posting!

  11. #120
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    114172
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by f4780y View Post
    No, you have lost your ability to jailbreak for now. There is no iPad2 jailbreak for IOS5 yet, and it may be some time away.

    The word "stock" just means the standard Apple firmware. If you follow the instructions I gave above iTunes will install it for you from Apple.

    To be clear, this is you ONLY choice now, and it is specifically because you have an iPad2 3G model. Sorry.
    Thanks , Managed to restores back to stock iOS5, Now waiting for iOS5 Jailbreak release


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM
  2. TinyUmbrella not saving my SHSH
    By Bratan in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 03:57 PM
  3. TinyUmbrella 4.30.05 is out - SHSH for 4.3.1
    By gray_mouse in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 02:49 AM
  4. Shsh blobs...what are they and how do you save em?
    By Dr.Gee in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 08:15 PM
  5. restore ipad from shsh or regular restore+jailbreak
    By bdaddy in forum iPad Hacking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 04:55 PM

Search tags for this page

download tinyumbrella

,

how to restore ipad using tinyumbrella

,

how to use shsh blobs to restore

,

how to use tinyumbrella

,
restore ipad 2 by tinyumbrella
,
tinyumbrella for ipad 1
,

tinyumbrella ipad

,
tinyumbrella ipad restore
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread