Welcome to the iPadForums tutorial for jailbreaking your iPad with a 6.0 to 6.1.2 firmware using evasi0n from the evad3rs!
Download the latest version of the evasi0n tool for your desktop PC OS from the official site here - http://evasi0n.com/
The minimum requirements for the tool are that you are running Windows XP, Mac OSX 10.5, or Linux.
And before you go any further, heed the important information...
- Backup your iPad using either iTunes or iCloud before you start to safeguard your data!
- Disable the passcode lock on your device before running evasi0n
- Be patient when the jailbreak is running. Do not start iTunes, xCode, or anything else which could interfere with it.
- Don't disconnect your device whilst the jailbreak is in progress
You should find the new "Cydia" application icon on your springboard at the end of the list of Apps.
- Connect your iPad to your PC (close down iTunes if you have it set to auto-start)
- Launch the evasi0n tool
- Press the "jailbreak" button
- Sit back and relax as evasi0n works its magic
- When prompted (and only when prompted), unlock the device and press the new evad3rs jailbreak icon once!
Congratulations - You are now the proud owner of a 6.x Jailbroken Device!
Now launch Cydia and start exploring the brave new world!
If you are new to jailbreaking, you might like to review our guide to Cydia here - TUTORIAL - Cydia - A beginners guide to the Jailbreak App Store
And if you install OpenSSH, don't forget to change your default password for added security. See our guide here - HOW TO - Use Secure Shell (SSH) with the iPad
If you happen to run into compatibility issues with tweaks not working, you will likely discover Safe Mode. Find out more about it here - HOW TO - Use Safe Mode to maintain a stable jailbreak