Stefan, a handy hint for many tweaks that work by toggling settings on the iPad. You sometimes have to make sure that you are in the right "state" with a tweak for it to work. Try this for Auto Location...
Originally Posted by Coffeeboy
1. Turn ON Location Services in settings and use an App that uses loc (so you see the arrow).
2. Exit that app fully (close it down from the multi task bar and anything else that uses loc whilst your are at it).
4. Turn OFF Location Services in settings.
5. Start any app again that uses location services, and hopefully "presto" it is "auto on". It should work normally from now on for all apps.
6. Spend the rest of the night wondering what happened to "3" :)
This is exactly what I did to no avail... Did some further testing this morning and noted a few things wierd(?)...
When I launch e.g. "Maps" or "Google Earth" (Loc off as per your instructions above), I get the arrow top right and the app works. Checking Loc in settings says it's off and the arrow vanishes (this with app still running). If I toggle back to the app the arrow returns and it works. Seems like Loc switches off when I leave the app (but not closing)!
On the other hand, "TuneIn Radio" swithces Loc on and leaves it in that state even after closing that app (fully exiting)...
I'll try out all the apps I have with a dependecy to Loc and see how it reacts. Seems a tad wierd, though...