I had to fix my profit formula to show a percentage of the Sale instead of the Cost. I'm pretty sure that's where I was wrong, since the second makes a great deal more sense. It was only a minor correction; however that meant starting over with the formula to compute Sale price using Profit percentage. Experience with the first round helped, so it only took me half an hour and a dozen curse words.
Here are the new formulas. They are all enclosed in IFERROR functions to prevent accidental division by zero.
Profit% the short way.
Profit % the long way
Sell price by Profit% desired. Notice that the .93 constant appears here too.
And finally, if you want to work through it, I did the computations on paper (in pencil) this time. Feel free to ask questions, or point out where I am still wrong. Also if you find any mistakes in the Revised Profit Worksheet, let me know. I've only updated it. The first worksheet I did is the same. I'm going to say it is so I can keep it as a kind of history, but the reality is that I'm too lazy to change it right now.
Oh yes. I noticed a rounding error between tables two and three on the forth line; so there is room for improvement. It happens because I entered the rounded value in table two as input to table 3.