FAQ about New iPad 3 media files
"iPad3 Video Formats ?
Have videos taken by camera in a high resolution. iPad 3 can't play them in a right way, what formats does iPad 3 supported?"
Below is a list of iPad 3 supported video formats, very detailed, you may have a look:
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (3rd generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (2nd generation) at up to 720p
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Video out support at 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cable sold separately)
What's the best video format for New iPad 3?
Generally, people choose the best video format for their devices, will think about two conditions. Video quality and video size. Most tablets have very limited storage space, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. When we put movies on new iPad 3. We hope the single file size is small enough, so we can store multiple movies at one time.
Meanwhile, new iPad 3 equipped with the ultra-clear retina display and supports Full HD 1080p videos playback. So most users also want to keep the movies' quality as well as original. As we know, higher video quality with bigger file size. It's necessary for us to keep the balance of file size and video quality. H.264 mp4 is just the format we are looking for. H.264 is maximum compression ratio encoding. Meanwhile, it can maintain the original video quality to a large extent. So users select it as the best video format for new iPad 3.
“ipad3 video settings
I want to convert some of my movies for iPad 3 to take advantage of the new retina display but I am unsure of what settings to use..."
A video file contains many video parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, resolution, video codec, etc. Different video parameters will produce different video quality. When you set video settings for iPad 3, you'd better accroding to iPad 3's specification to make it. Below is the iPad 3 Full HD preset designed by Pavtube Video converter, for your reference
How to watch online movies?
The new iPad comes up with 2 built-in apps for you to enjoy free YouTube movie and shop for online streaming movie & TV shows as long as your iPad is in connection with Internet via WiFi or your carrier's cellular network.
Open the iTunes app to shop for thousands of HD movies and TV shows up to 1080p HD. While you're there, pick up any movie or song you like. There are over 20 million to choose from. And iCloud lets you access your iTunes purchases from iPad.
YouTube on iPad makes videos easier to find and more fun to watch. With the new iPad, you can gape in shock or laugh in fits at a YouTube video in HD.
"Is there an adobe flash player for the new iPad 3?"
Flash is not supported on any iOS device - and as Adobe have never managed to make a version of their flash player that works on iOS devices, and they have recently announced that they are stopping development on all mobile versions of it, it probably never will be. Browser apps such as Skyfire, iSwifter, Puffin and Photon 'work' on some sites, but not all sites. If you like, you may use a flash video converter to deal with these videos.
Good News! Pavtube iPad 3 Column is online now, Which will give you the best and easiest solution to enjoy movies on iPad 3.