Convert and Import Flash (FLV, F4V) to iTunes 11 for Apple iOS devices
Despite of being one of the most popular video file types, the flash video (.flv) is not supported by portable media players such as tablets and smartphones. Even iTunes refuses to accept flash files. Now that you can’t add flash to iTunes movie library, it’s impossible to sync flash video to iPad 4, iPhone 5 and more Apple iOS devices.
If you want to put flash movies to iPad 4, the first thing is to convert Flash video to MP4. According to Apple, the new iPad and iPhone 5 supports “H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats”. When your flashes are converted into H.264 encoded .MP4 video, they would be naturally supported by iPad, iPhone, Apple TV and accepted by iTunes. See below how to convert and add flashes (.flv and .f4v) to iTunes 11.
Flash Video Converter for Windows |Flash Video Converter for Mac
Guide: Convert and Import Flash (FLV, F4V) to iTunes 11
1. Run the Flash converter software on your computer, drag and drop FLV/F4V downloads to the main interface of the Flash video converter.
2. From drop-down list of “Format” bar, select a compatible format. There are groups of customized formats for Apple devices like iPad, iPhone, iPod and Apple TV. Any of the formats in the four groups results in smooth video playback in iTunes, just select a format for FLV/F4V to iTunes Conversion.
Tip: If you’re planning to stream iTunes video to Apple TV and have your AV receiver play surround sound, the “Apple TV 2 Dolby Digital Pass-through (*.m4v)” is recommended, because it either let Apple TV pass-through Dolby Digital to A/V receiver to take advantage of your surround sound system, or have Apple TV decodes AAC and exports stereo audio.
3. Press the “Convert” button to get the software start converting FLV/F4V to iTunes 11 optimized video.
4. After conversion you may press “Open” to find converted videos.
5. Now Open iTunes, and import converted flash videos to iTunes 11. Choose “File - > Add File to Library…”to add the converted flash video to iTunes movie library. In this way you can watch YouTube downloads in iTunes and sync flash videos to Apple iOS devices naturally.
By the way, if you have some more video collections in formats that are not supported by iTunes, like MKV, MOV, MTS, TiVo, M2TS, MOD, VOB, etc., you can also use Pavtube Video converter to do format transferring, the detailed steps are similar as this FLV/F4V to MP4 conversion. If you want to rip Blu-rays and DVDs to Windows 8 Tab RT as well, it’s better to get money-saving Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate.