I've been busy lately working on personal projects and my YouTube channel.
There are many tools available to record, edit and upload your videos to YouTube on a PC but I've found that my iPad 4 is the perfect tool. Lets start with the required inventory:
- iPad (of course)
- An external microphone for better sound recording. I got the Soulo Karaoke app mic at Walmart for 30$. For the price, it's decent and sounds better than the internal microphone.
- Cute CUT app, found in the AppStore. Best video editing on iOS
- Hauppauge HDPVR2 for capturing videos from the iPad display (Optional)
- HDMI connector iPad to HDPVR2 (Optional)
- A PC or laptop for display capture. (Optional)
- Neu.Draw app for graphic design, logo, etc...
- A microphone stand
- An iPad stand that will attach to your microphone stand
Graphics and logos are all created using Neu.Draw. It would be possible to create some directly in Cute CUT, but Neu.Draw is way more easier to use. Export required images to your photos album. Video recording is done using the iPad itself with the stock app. Once recording is done, it's time for Cute CUT...
Cute CUT is amazing! It can edit video, audio, voice, drawing, text and photos. It supports 2 video tracks and many text, audio, photos tracks. Many transitions are available. The drawing tools is perfect and lets you highlight any portion of your video. One cool feature is you can do picture-in-picture videos. Everything is resizable, rotatable, movable. Cute CUT is a full video editor. You will forget about iMovie just after a few minutes.
Doing some game reviews on the iPad? Connect your iPad to a PVR like the HD PVR2 from Hauppauge. Once the recording is complete, just convert your files into the Mp4 format and copy them using iTunes into your Cute CUT shared folder for editing.
Voice-over is amazingly easy to do as Cute CUT will play in real time the video, with all cuts, effects and transitions. Edit everything and then do the voice-over as the last step.
At first, I was using my laptop with a mix of iMovie on my iPad. When I discovered Cute CUT, there was no need for my PC and iMovie as it can do it all. I only use my laptop when I need to record the display while doing a game review (in full HD).
External links cannot be posted, but checkout Cute CUT's YouTube channels, seeing is believing. And in their "likes", you should see some of my own (Hot Coding!).
I seriously recommend Cute CUT if you want to do video editing on your iPad (or iPhone).