Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

iPhone OS falls to No. 3

This is a discussion on iPhone OS falls to No. 3 within the iPad OS forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I have to say, I like the idea of having a software built to a specific platform. It's just stable and more reliable. Apple is ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    iPad Junkie!
    Member #
    3709
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    pennsylvania
    Posts
    109
    I have to say, I like the idea of having a software built to a specific platform. It's just stable and more reliable.

    Apple is fine, #1, #2, #10; not a big deal to me. the masses don't define good decisions just watch cops and you'll see that's true!

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    4354
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SE PA
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by latro View Post
    This may all change again in a month when Apple announces their new iPhone(s) and releases the iPhone OS 4.
    A new system with a few new features isn't going to do anything about the problems with AT&T. It might make existing users who aren't bailing because of the lousy service happy but I seriously doubt that it'll attract many new buyers. Now that I have an iPad, I absolutely refuse to buy another phone from AT&T. If the iPhone isn't made available on another carrier, I'll buy Android or WinMo7 or whatever is good and available on another carrier.

  4. #13
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1583
    Liked
    52 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,522
    I'm sure that Apple is crying all the way to the bank. Apple is the number one phone manufacturer in the US, and the brand is growing by leaps and bounds.

  5. #14
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    4135
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL.
    Posts
    6
    Okay just to throw my .02 in. First off Android while a different OS is running along the same types of phones that Windows Mobile used to run on. Secondly for every person that leaves ATT gripping about service there are 2-3 people switching to ATT for one reason or another. I was with Alltel for years When Verizon bought my account and my phone died (BB Storm) I was quick to jump to ATT. I have had my 3G for quite sometime now and I anxiously await the new OS. I doubt Verizon will ever get a iPhone until they get on the 4G or LTE network. If at all as Apple took some offerings off the Table right before the official launch of the Droid due to commercials bashing the iphone. Everything that people have complained as far as OS for the iPhone is considered will be pretty well squared away with the drop of OS 4. I have runn all of the Beta versions(4 so far) and a Jailbroken Beta. my 3G ran multitasking quite well even though it is not supposed to have the hardware to do so. Lets be honest Apple is not hurting from some friendly competition, and seeing as how ATT allows the App sales for the iphone to be controlled by Apple I doubt they will change much. Hence the Main reason Verizon did not get the iphone in the first place. Jailbreaking an iPhone or iPad for that matter has got to be about the easiest thing to do so complaining about it useless. Every one Apple, ATT, Verizon, Sprint, and TMobile are just trying to make a buck so as many things this will change in June and Apple, will have a huge spike again.

  6. #15
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1583
    Liked
    52 times
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,522
    I have been on AT&T, Alltel, and Verizon without doing a thing. Back when AT&T was not part of SW Bell, I started with them for cell service. Then they got taken over by SW Bell and the Feds made me go to Alltel. Then Verizon took over Alltel. In every case, my service has been acceptable, so I have no need to change carriers. Considering that over the years, the service has gotten better, the price is lower, and the phones are much better, I have not have too much to gripe about.

  7. #16
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    1845
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Posts
    42

    What's all the concern with being #1?

    I mean, fine, if you are number 1 you can brag about being big. But that does not mean you are the best, or the most fun to use, or the most respected by the marketplace.

    As an example, are any of the following car brands #1 in the market?

    - BMW
    - Lexus
    - Ferrari
    - Rolls Royce
    - Mercedes

    I can spend less and get a Chevy, it will take me everywhere those other cars will. But it does not mean it is a better car than they are.

  8. #17
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    5171
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by planemechanic View Post
    I mean, fine, if you are number 1 you can brag about being big. But that does not mean you are the best, or the most fun to use, or the most respected by the marketplace.

    As an example, are any of the following car brands #1 in the market?

    - BMW
    - Lexus
    - Ferrari
    - Rolls Royce
    - Mercedes

    I can spend less and get a Chevy, it will take me everywhere those other cars will. But it does not mean it is a better car than they are.
    lexus is a half ass luxury model car

  9. #18
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    5175
    Liked
    2 times
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,032
    Quote Originally Posted by latro View Post
    This may all change again in a month when Apple announces their new iPhone(s) and releases the iPhone OS 4.
    Not likely too much. The majority of the people buying the phone will probably be upgrading. I would bet less than 25-50% of sales of the new iPhone will actually be new iPhone owners.

    Now, if they released it for Verizon, they would probably have 85% or more new customers with the other 15% people jumping from crappy ATT.

  10. #19
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    5353
    Liked
    5 times
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    663
    I think Android is gaining from Windows Mobile's loss. The people who love windows mobile are all holding off for windows phone 7, so their sales are down. This will definitely be changing later this year depending on how well-received Windows Phone 7 is. If its a huge hit, they could take from everyone. If its a flop, it will be the death of Windows Mobile and everyone else will gain.

    May the best phone win!

  11. #20
    iPad Enthusiast!
    Member #
    1845
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Matth3w View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by latro View Post
    This may all change again in a month when Apple announces their new iPhone(s) and releases the iPhone OS 4.
    Not likely too much. The majority of the people buying the phone will probably be upgrading. I would bet less than 25-50% of sales of the new iPhone will actually be new iPhone owners.

    Now, if they released it for Verizon, they would probably have 85% or more new customers with the other 15% people jumping from crappy ATT.

    I will be one of the first time buyers. But I plan to purchase my in Hong Kong where it is legally unlocked direct from Apple.


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts