What I'd like to see on the iOS 4 for ipad is:
1. wireless sync. Also if I 'expose' my home PC to the internet, the wireless sync can also be an internet-sync when I take my ipad to wifi hotspots.
2. Different styles of keyboard, particulary one that is split in two in horizontal orientation so I can reach all the keys with my thumbs.
The size of the keys (and thus the size of empty space between the split)should be scalable by a control panel so people with different size hands can adjust it to suit their size hands.
3. It would also be nice if you could have a assortment of extra keys (like 'tab') that you can drag & drop onto your custom keyboard because you personally use them frequently, and drop infrequently used keys ('.?123' in TWO places taking up more than 5 keys real estate ***! Seriously who thought that was a good idea?!)
4. Printing although that's been done to death so I think they've got the message now!
5. Assuming we're getting folders, folders I can drag onto the dock please! Why can't I have folders on the dock that open up like stacks in OSX?! 6 dock icons is a bit limited.
6. Given the gap between icons in Horizontal orientation is engineered artificially large because the same number of icons have to be squeezed in Vertical orientation, give us the option to 'stick' the dock to the longest part of the screen, and just rotate the icons. We can then pack teh icons more tightly, because we don't need to keep them as artificially far as they are. Bascially, when you rotate your ipad to portrait the dock goes to the left-hand side, and the icons rotate so they are the right way up.
7. Widgets. Take a row of icons away (optionally user gets to decide in their settings) and let developers create permanently running apps that take up a 256 x 256 pixel square (if that is the right size?) for a microapp. Seriously limit how much memory it can take up, and processor cycles, or it'll kill the ipad's battery-life, or multitasking ability. give one of the colours transparency or it'll look crap. These Widgets should only ever be 'free' and iAd free or it'll never work.