After 4.2 update, wifi intermittent
This is a discussion on After 4.2 update, wifi intermittent within the iPad OS forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I have been posting on the huge Official apple Forum for a couple of weeks as I had this issue. I have now supplied both ...
Some temporary fixes available on main Apple Forum
I have been posting on the huge Official apple Forum for a couple of weeks as I had this issue. I have now supplied both AppleCare and AppleSupport with info on my router as they requested.
there have been several "fixes" people have tried to get their wifi working.
Here is a summary of some of them for you
1) - Set router to fragmentation=2048, RTS=512
02) - Disable router 40Mhz, use only 20Mhz
03) - Change router from 5 Mhz to 2.4 Mhz
04) - Disable N router standard
05) - Use WPA or WPA2 (2 seems better) instead of WEP
06) - Use TKIP instead of AES or BOTH security in router
07) - Disable bluetooth in iPad
08) - Check nearby routers for channel conflict
09) - Router firmware update
10) - Reset/cold boot router
11) - Reset network settings on iPad
12) - Cycle iPad power off and on (fails on wake from stby)
13) - Redownload adn reinstall the 4.2.1 update
14) - Set iPad DNS to 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206 (Google DNS?)
15) - SetiPad autobrightness to off or away from lowest setting
16) - Assign iPad a fixed IP address (don't use DHCP in router)
17) - Turn off "ask to join networks" on iPad
18) - Turn off notifications iPad
19) - Adjust QOS (google for settings)
20) - Change the passwords for your main and guest networks in Apple Extreme and update to latest firmware
You may find one of these things help you. I live in UK and I have a speedtouch router supplied by my ISP. i have had to disable the "n" protocol (number 4) to get my iPad working again. I'm annoyed by this as I pay extra to get the n router. But I need my iPad to work properly.
the full discussion thread can be found at the official apple forums under iPad, wifi wifi slow after update the thread has over 800 posts
12-18-2010 06:48 PM
I have tried at least 2/3 of these suggestions and STILL can not get my iPad to connect to a BRAND NEW AirLink 101 router. Is Apple admitting to anything, and is there supposed to be a fix coming soon? At work the iPad is fine, but at home.......NADA, which means it is one really expensive photo viewer/iPod!
dumb point, but make sure this new router works with other devices...if it does, and not the ipad, then at least you know the router works.
Originally Posted by Smilesbypayet
turn off all security and authorization. turn off any "lock" feature on the router. you know the ipad can work on wifi because you've used it at work so it's something to do with the ipad and your new router. make sure any kind of security or auth. is turned off and see if you can connect. (i would also "recycle" the modem and router...unplug the modem and router, wait two minutes, plug the modem back in FIRST, wait at least a full minute, plug in the router and see what happens...)
By newfmp3 in forum iPad OS
Last Post: 09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
By lse123 in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 07-08-2010, 11:06 PM
By Ian B in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 06-29-2010, 06:19 PM
By xlr8nflorida in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 06-14-2010, 11:09 PM
By CPMS in forum iPad General Discussions
Last Post: 05-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Search tags for this page
intermitten connectivity ipad 4
ipad 4 intermittent connectivity
ipad 4 keeps cycling on and off
ipad cycles on and off
ipad intermittent wifi
iphone 3g intermittent wifi connection
iphone 4 wifi intermittent
iphone intermittent wifi
iphone wifi cycling on and off
ipod wifi intermittent
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Tags for this Thread