Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Updated apps stay in update list

This is a discussion on Updated apps stay in update list within the iPad OS forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hi, I updated to iOS 7 on two iPads (2 and 3). Everything went smooth. When I am now alerted from the AppStore that new ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    14255
    Liked
    16 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    237

    Updated apps stay in update list

    Hi,

    I updated to iOS 7 on two iPads (2 and 3). Everything went smooth.
    When I am now alerted from the AppStore that new app updates are available, I can update them. The tag changes from update to open, everything is fine.
    BUT, after the update, they stay in the list of updates.
    Is this normal - new? Does anybody else see this behavior? Under iOS 6 the list was cleared out and empty after all updates were done.

    Thanks Knut
    If you happen to be in Berlin, Germany, please let me invite you to a cup of tea, coffee or a pint of beer.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPad Addict
    Member #
    167823
    Liked
    187 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,136
    This is normal. It's basically the AppStore's "reminder" that that says "hey, you've just updated these apps on these days". I believe they eventually go away, I don't really pay attention to it.
    iPhone 4S White 16 GB iOS 7.1 ||iPad Mini 16GB (WiFi) iOS 7.0.4 Evasi0n7||AppleTV2 iOS 5.2 Seas0nPass
    Please read and abide by the forum rules
    iPhone Forums Moderator

  4. #3
    iPad Fan
    Member #
    14255
    Liked
    16 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    237
    Ok, thanks, I will see.
    And I take it that this is a new and normal behaviour.
    Thanks.

    Knut
    If you happen to be in Berlin, Germany, please let me invite you to a cup of tea, coffee or a pint of beer.

  5. #4
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    264210
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    BC, CANADA
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kricke View Post
    Ok, thanks, I will see. And I take it that this is a new and normal behaviour. Thanks. Knut
    I have also seen this problem. I think what is supposed to happen which often occurs with me is that the apps that are updating when finished updating move into the updated on( date )list. I have noticed occasionally that some will stay as 'open ' in the update notification list that they were originally listed in. Later this seems to fix itself and I am not certain as to the reason for this I think this is a bug!

    Doug Dyer Victoria BC

  6. #5
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    13576
    Liked
    1447 times
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Western NY state (USA)
    Posts
    11,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug.ie View Post
    I have also seen this problem. I think what is supposed to happen which often occurs with me is that the apps that are updating when finished updating move into the updated on( date )list. I have noticed occasionally that some will stay as 'open ' in the update notification list that they were originally listed in. Later this seems to fix itself and I am not certain as to the reason for this I think this is a bug!

    Doug Dyer Victoria BC
    This is now normal behavior with the AppStore on iOS 7.

    All your updated apps will show for two weeks. That is so those fold who have set their iPad to update apps automatically have a chance to review the updates.

    Apps that require updating will be at the top and will have the "Update" box. Once you have updated them, the box will change to "Open." But, they will stay where they are until a new set of updates is received. Then, those apps will just keep moving down the list until they are removed.

    Again, this is now normal behavior under iOS 7 - it is not a bug.

    Marilyn
    Space Gray 32GB WiFi-only iPad Air & Black 32GB iPhone 5 (both jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 w/evasi0n7)
    * * * PLEASE READ * * * Forum Rules * * * Hacking Section Rules * * * PLEASE READ * * *

  7. #6
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    264210
    Liked
    1 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    BC, CANADA
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey330 View Post
    This is now normal behavior with the AppStore on iOS 7. All your updated apps will show for two weeks. That is so those fold who have set their iPad to update apps automatically have a chance to review the updates. Apps that require updating will be at the top and will have the "Update" box. Once you have updated them, the box will change to "Open." But, they will stay where they are until a new set of updates is received. Then, those apps will just keep moving down the list until they are removed. Again, this is now normal behavior under iOS 7 - it is not a bug. Marilyn
    Hello Marilyn,

    I probably did not make myself clear in my post but what appears to be the correct functioning based on what I see happening on my iPad is this: say you start out with four notifications for updates on October 3. Below this is a list of apps that have been updated on October 2. When you click on the update button in the top list that app updates and the button turns to open but the item is then moved into a new list that is created and headed 'apps updated on October 3'. When you click on the update button of the next app in the very top list the same occurs with the button changing to open and the item moves in to the list below labeled 'apps updated on October 3'. This all seems to be working as described as of this evening. But two or three days ago as mentioned by myself and previous members of the forum it appears that there was a bug in that some of the apps when updated in the top list changed to an 'Open' button, but did not move into the new list below headed 'Apps updated on (Date). Perhaps this was a server problem maybe related to busy traffic. Whatever the problem it does appear to be corrected as of today October 3?. Thank you for all the suggestions and input. iOS 7 probably is still in its teething stages. All the best…

    Doug Dyer

  8. #7
    iPF Expert
    Member #
    258192
    Liked
    1684 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apetlon, Austria
    Posts
    8,641
    There was an issue with App Store the last two days, afaik. If updating behaves normal again, it's been solved, it seems.
    Johanna A.
    You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need. ~ Jerry Gillies


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 12:11 PM
  2. Ipad 3 - List of Apps/Games updated to Retina
    By Fluidz in forum iPad 3 Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 10:46 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 10:40 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 09:57 PM

Search tags for this page

ipad updated apps stay on page

,
ipad updates list stays
,
ipad updates say open but dont go away
,

updated apps don't go away ios 7

,
updated apps remain on update page
,
updated apps stay on update page
,
when i update my apps., why do they still stay in my apps on my ipad
,
why is ios7 app update staying
Click on a term to search for related topics.