I am new to the forum and I would like to ask about your experiences with the iPad mini as a business tool. You see, my current carrier is offering a 64GB iPad mini for my renewal. I own another tablet (he who's brand shall not be mentioned in this forum...) but alas it has outlived its usefulness and is now a legacy model.
What I saw so far with the mini is that it would suit my personal life well as I read a lot, listen to music, play games, visit forums and social sites, watch videos but I haven't heard of or seen friends or other people using it for productivity purposes.
Here is some of the "work things" I do with my current tablet:
1) Plan schedules (calendar is synced to my gmail, and outlook)
2) Emails (2 business and 2 personal )
3) To do lists and tracking of projects
4) View/edit excel sheets and word sheets
5) View/edit/create powerpoint presentations
6) Attach the table to an LCD projector or TV for presentations or just to get a bigger screen while editing or typing
7) Conference calls/ Video conferencing
8) Record meetings (video or voice)
Can it connect to an external USB drive as well? As you can see I have no experience with ipads whatsoever and I would appreciate hearing from those who actually use the mini for work.
I travel a lot and I would like to just carry with me a tablet rather than a laptop and the size of the mini is just right for me. Should I need a bigger screen then I can hook it up to the TV in the hotel room (wired or wireless?)
Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.