I am planning on buying an iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular with accessories but I would like some further information if you do not mind answering some questions because I am still learning about these new technologies.
1. I am dyslexia and some of the specialised software I use for my work is Dragon Medical 10.1 UK English (Nuance). Is there any way this software can be uploaded or downloaded onto the iPad mini?
- Alternatively, could I buy another Dragon Medical software/app and have it downloaded from their website?
- Or do you know of any software/app that is similar to the Dragon Medical that could be used with the iPad mini?
2. Would it be possible to use Microsoft application, particularly Words on the iPad mini?
- If yes, how can I upload or download this software/app?
- If not, is there a similar software/app that works with the iPad mini?
3. I understand that AT & T, Sprint and Verizon are American service data providers. I live in the UK and will be travelling around the world, particularly New Zealand, Australia, South Pacific and South East Asia. Some areas I may be travelling to may not have Wifi coverage:
- I would like to know what British service data provider, provide internet coverage worldwide - that would not be costly to use the iPad mini aboard?
- I have heard about some gadget that a person can connect their iPad mini or mobile phone to and use a Sim Card in the country they are visiting. What is this call?
- And are there any restrictions to the use of this gadget and the Sim Card?
4. Are the apps for the iPad mini expensive to buy because I would like apps on world maps and maps of the local areas of countries?
5. I read that you can text using the iPad mini can you also make telephone calls like on a mobile phone?
6. Is the iPad mini compatible with other brands of electronic equipment? For example, I have a Toshiba laptop and a Samsung mobile phone can I synchronise all my data, such as photos, Words, emails, Sky Go, etc, so that I can access them on any of these equipment that I choose to use?
- If yes, how would I do this?
- If not, is there a way of doing this?
7. The iPad mini has a 10 hour charge life Is there any way I could extend this?
- Or is there a portable charge that I could carry around with me that I can connect it to the iPad mini in case I am not able to connect it to an electrical socket to charge it up?
8. If I take photos with my camera or mobile phone How can I transfer them onto the iPad mini?
Thank you for your help