Hi all, new to the forum and I've searched around but not found any threads on this:
1. I've been using iCal and Google Calendars on my MacBook Pro for some time now. My iCal has a Google CalDAV account. This allows me to change either my online Google Calendar or my iCal calendar and everything is synced properly (I did have to add my calendar subscriptions separately on Google Calendars and iCal to get them to both show up on each format, but that was not a big deal to me).
2. I do not use iCloud to backup any calendars, mail, or contacts (I only use it for Find My iPhone and notes backup).
3. I just got an iPad Mini and have tried to add my Google Calendars (through the default Gmail mail setup and through Google CalDAV separately at different times, not together at once). When I first open the Calendar app on the iPad Mini, it loads and looks just like my already existing Google Calendar and iCal.
4. Subsequent refreshes on the iPad Mini, however, start duplicating my Google Calendar events. Eventually, my iPad's calendar has 3 or 4 instances of several events.
5. When I go to either my Google Calendar or iCal, they both look normal without the duplicates, triplets, quatruplets, etc.
Does anyone have any suggestions of how to remedy this? I would like to rely on Google's backbone for backups and not get iCloud involved, as this would totally confuse me, not that I'm not totally confused already...