Help with VGA out
This is a discussion on Help with VGA out within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Hi everyone,
I am a college instructor and I would like to use the iPad in the classroom but I seem to have run into ...
Help with VGA out
I am a college instructor and I would like to use the iPad in the classroom but I seem to have run into a brick wall. First, what I did do and then what I can't figure out.....
1. I was able to transfer my class notes (PDF files) to the iPad. These are for my eyes only. Done!
2. I was able to convert a variety of class videos to the format required by the iPad and they play very nicely on the iPad. Done!
3. For the software required by the course curriculum, I installed Teamviewer which allows me to run the software off the pc in my office. I have contacted the software company and they have no intention of writing a version for the iPad.... but with Teamviewer not a problem.
1. problem #1 - really more a nuisance - is that when I connect the iPad to the projector , the class can see the video but the video is not mirrored on the iPad. I would prefer a mirror image as I like to stop the video in midstream and it is easier for me to do that when I am looking at the iPad rather than the screen. Is there some way to fix that?
2. Problem #2 is my main problem. When I use the projector I would like the class to see the apps on the iPad - just like when Steve does his presentations.... So that when I go to Teamviewer the students can see me log on to the software, run the program, enter data, try various analyses, etc.... Any idea how I can solve this? If Steve can do it, why can't I? If I can send videos to the projector, why not other output?
To some degree, I feel I am trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by trying to use the iPad in my course. Last year I used a Dell Mini 9 (which cost about one half the price of the iPad) and everything worked great. I did not have to convert my video files to a special format, I just plugged it in and the projector worked great, I was able to run the software on the Dell Mini, etc......
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
08-31-2010 01:56 PM
I don't have answers to all your questions but I can tell you that the ipad VGA adapter does not act as a video out. Unfortunately it is extremely gimped and it is up to the discretion of the developer as to whether or not it will work in a particular app. There are even issues with it not working with the official keynote app. You are not the only one who is frustrated and many are petitioning Apple to allow the adapter to act as a mirror. Sorry that is it giving you so much grief!
iPF Super Guru
I guess when you're the CEO, you can get whatever you want!
Originally Posted by Irrational
Or as Mel Brroks would say --
"Its good to be the king!"
Search tags for this page
applikasi untuk vga adapter ipad
connect ipad to dell projector
connecting ipad to dell projector
dell projectors app ipad
documents to go ipad vga cable
hooking an ipad on a dell projector
ipad projector blinking
ipad projector fail
ipad software needed for vga adapter
ipad stopped working with projector
ipad vga format
ipad vga freezing projector
Click on a term to search for related topics.