Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Cannot detect iPad on iTunes and computer

This is a discussion on Cannot detect iPad on iTunes and computer within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; I just got the iPad and had problems with the above. Already tried cold reboot many times, reinstalling iTunes, changing USB ports directly at laptop ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    13627
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2

    Red face Cannot detect iPad on iTunes and computer

    I just got the iPad and had problems with the above. Already tried cold reboot many times, reinstalling iTunes, changing USB ports directly at laptop all to no avail. Please advise how to overcome this?
    Laptop does not detect iPad as well
    Thanks! Keni

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    iPF Super Guru
    Member #
    7401
    Liked
    8 times
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,239
    The next thing to try is restarting your iPad. You do this by holding down the Home button at the bottom of the screen and holding down the Sleep/Wake button on top of the iPad until you get a red slider that says, "slide to power off". Move the slider to the right and your iPad will shut off. Now hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo in the middle of the screen then let go. After a few seconds (hopefully!) you will see your lock screen when you have to "slide to unlock". Now try hooking it up to iTunes and see what happens.

    If your computer still doesn't see your iPad, call your local Apple store.

  4. #3
    iPad Junkie
    Member #
    12328
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Markdale, Ontario
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethfong View Post
    I just got the iPad and had problems with the above. Already tried cold reboot many times, reinstalling iTunes, changing USB ports directly at laptop all to no avail. Please advise how to overcome this?
    Laptop does not detect iPad as well
    Thanks! Keni
    I know that you said that you reinstalled iTunes but is the version that you reinstalled the LATEST version? If not then you have to upgrade iTunes to the latest version. Could also be a faulty cable.
    I never give up. Snideness and rudeness of any sort WILL be returned in kind.


  5. #4
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    13627
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2
    Yes it is the new version of iTunes, the cable came with the set. Will test out another cable then. Thanks for the advise.

  6. #5
    iPad Ninja
    Member #
    772
    Liked
    6 times
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Montréal Québec
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by 1991-C4 View Post
    The next thing to try is restarting your iPad. You do this by holding down the Home button at the bottom of the screen and holding down the Sleep/Wake button on top of the iPad until you get a red slider that says, "slide to power off". Move the slider to the right and your iPad will shut off. Now hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo in the middle of the screen then let go. After a few seconds (hopefully!) you will see your lock screen when you have to "slide to unlock". Now try hooking it up to iTunes and see what happens.

    If your computer still doesn't see your iPad, call your local Apple store.
    Say, just an idea, I won't have access to my computer for a while, can you check in iTunes if there is a 'Detect Devices' kind of setting?

    When I changed computer a while back my iPod would not show up on the new computer. I had to find a setting in iTunes to toggle and it erased the iPod to reinstall content anew.
    Not white, not black just passionate shades of grey...

    Yuno Wataï Minh

  7. #6
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    49111
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1
    i am having the same issue kenneth...

    I have completely reset my ipad, upgraded my itunes (all of my other devices are working great including my husbands ipad) and restarted my computer --i still have nothing.

    help.

  8. #7
    iPad Fan!
    Member #
    26003
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    5
    I have the same problem, it just isn't detected at all. It does charge via the electricity socket fine, just no connection between pc. I rang apple and they wanted £90 just to talk about it although I stipulated it was only six months old and is under warranty. They say it is a simple software issue but won't help unless I take out the support package.

  9. #8
    iPF Legend
    Member #
    27654
    Liked
    119 times
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,248
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeybob View Post
    I have the same problem, it just isn't detected at all. It does charge via the electricity socket fine, just no connection between pc. I rang apple and they wanted £90 just to talk about it although I stipulated it was only six months old and is under warranty. They say it is a simple software issue but won't help unless I take out the support package.
    Following up your other posts in a separate thread, are you anywhere near an Apple Store? If it's still under warranty, I'd return it to the store and either get them to demonstrate to you that there is no fault or give you a replacement. You might just casually let it drop too that you're posting your experiences in iPad Forum, the largest such forum in the world.....

    Tim

  10. #9
    iPad Enthusiast
    Member #
    20755
    Liked
    8 times
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    436
    When I had a similar issue with iPad on my Mac, I found another app "grabbing" the iPad before iTunes could. It was Parallels, I shut it down and then iTunes could find iPad just fine.

    May not be your issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Good luck.

  11. #10
    iPad Noob!
    Member #
    66466
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kpctexas View Post
    i am having the same issue kenneth...

    I have completely reset my ipad, upgraded my itunes (all of my other devices are working great including my husbands ipad) and restarted my computer --i still have nothing.

    help.
    hi, did u manage to solve the problem ? i am facing the same problem now


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 09:18 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 05:16 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Search tags for this page

cannot see ipad in itunes
,
computer does not detect ipad
,
ipad not detected in itunes
,
itune cannot detect ipad
,

itunes cannot detect ipad

,
itunes cannot find ipad
,
itunes cant detect my ipad
,

itunes not detecting ipad

Click on a term to search for related topics.