I have several Android devices but nothing from Apple. Now that an inexpensive iPad mini is about to be released, I'm considering trying out IOS and see whether I might like it more. But before I spend money, I would like to know more about the following:
1. I use shopping lists and to do lists on my phone that automatically sync with my tablet. Since I will still be using at least my android phone, I need something that can sync between Android phone and iPad. Preferably also syncing with Google Tasks. Any suggestions?
2. I use a file manager that connects over wifi to my home network and internet, and allows me to cut and paste files wirelessly between my phone/tablet, home PC, Dropbox, Box, Google drive, and Sky drive. Is there an equivalent iPad app?
3. I have several video and audio formats. Is there a player that can play all, or do I have to convert them through itunes? Can I connect to itunes wirelessly or only with usb wire?
4. I assume there are iPad apps for Google mail and calendar so I should not lose any functionality?
5. What would be the easiest way to transfer contacts? Any way to enable future updates to my contacts to sync to both Android and IOS devices?
6. I understand I will lose google navigator. What is the best alternative? I am familiar with Waze. Is there a more accurate app?
7. I know I will lose flash, I don't think thats a big deal since I understand there is an app for web pages that use flash. Right? (I'm not a gamer, so I don't care if flash based games are the exception.
8. Anything else I should be aware of?
I don't mind paying for good apps. I don't want to jail break the iPad, it will be enough challenge to learn a new OS. I would appreciate advice especially from those of you who know both platforms.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk