I am a chiropractor, but not the kind that makes you come in to get adjusted. I coach neck and back pain sufferers to shift postures and perform certain repeated movements in order to abolish pain... remotely. This is my dream:
I want to be able to accept a facetime, skype, yahoo, or whatever sort of audiovisual connection at a moments notice and go ahead and offer my service when it is needed... now... and where it's needed... where the person is. In order to accomplish this, I am willing to purchase an ipad 3 with verizon G4 and jailbreak it immediately, if that will get me to where i can do the following:
1) make a regular phone call on the ipad. (Yes I know it is too big for a phone. You guys that always say that need to let the user decide what's too big. It's not like I would hold it up to the side of my head or anything) I simply want the thing to do what it should be able to do.
2) receive video of the patient so I can coach them on posture and movement.
3) display, not just my face, but whatever I want to display... an image, a video, animated gif... however I want to convey my message.
4) record the session, audio, audio and video, or certain still shots... with permission of course.
5) browse the web or my on files while on the call to retrieve and share helpful information.
It seems to me that a piece of technology like the third generation ipad should be able to handle this. If not, please advise what tablet can. I do require a tablet as the iphone is simply too small, and laptops are too large. However, if I have to wait, I will use my laptop.
Thanks, hope this is all stimulating... better yet, let it be old hat for everyone but please bring me up to speed. I'm a newbie.