Welcome to iPadForums.net Guest - Click Here to Register

Home Button does Not Work after iOS 5.1.1. update

This is a discussion on Home Button does Not Work after iOS 5.1.1. update within the iPad Help forums, part of the Apple iPad Discussions category; Originally Posted by leelai The Assistive Touch feature that Mickey has shown you will make it easier for you until you can get to your ...

iPadForums.net is the original Apple iPad Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Home Button does Not Work after iOS 5.1.1. update

  1. #11
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    197396
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by leelai
    The Assistive Touch feature that Mickey has shown you will make it easier for you until you can get to your Apple store. They will just replace your iPad when you do get there so make sure you do a complete backup before going.
    Thank you. I have everything backed up to my iCloud so I am good to go.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    197396
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    29
    So my wife gave me some good news this morning. We are going to the apple store tomorrow so that I can get my iPad replaced. Maybe by some freak luck they will be out of 2's and they give me the new iPad lol.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

  4. #13
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    97693
    Liked
    858 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Michigan. USA
    Posts
    18,173
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianPerello
    So my wife gave me some good news this morning. We are going to the apple store tomorrow so that I can get my iPad replaced. Maybe by some freak luck they will be out of 2's and they give me the new iPad lol.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF
    Good luck to you, Christian! I hope that all works well for you.

    iPad 2 ~ Wi-Fi ~ 32 GB | MacBook Air 13-inch 4 GB RAM/128 GB | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | iPod Classic 80 GB | iPod Touch 32 GB (4th Gen)

  5. #14
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    197396
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by skimonkey

    Good luck to you, Christian! I hope that all works well for you.
    Thank you. I almost didn't have to go because I did a full restart for the second time and it was working for a few hours. Now it is back to the same thing. I just don't want to go there, drive two hours for them to do a restore and then they see it working correctly, then I get home and am back with the same situation. Because I guarantee that is what is going to happen.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

  6. #15
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    135236
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    58
    I suspect mine has been playing up also since the latest update. It's very random though, works most of the time but sometimes I have to press it a few times, I was also asked to phone AppleCare to arrange a replacement although I think that would probably mean a refurb. It's looking like a software fault as its not getting any worse and it doesn't matter if I press it hard or soft, it won't work until it wants to, then it might work for days with no problems. Only had this since February. Not sure yet if I will send it off or stick with it unless it gets any worse.

  7. #16
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    197396
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by evohicks
    I suspect mine has been playing up also since the latest update. It's very random though, works most of the time but sometimes I have to press it a few times, I was also asked to phone AppleCare to arrange a replacement although I think that would probably mean a refurb. It's looking like a software fault as its not getting any worse and it doesn't matter if I press it hard or soft, it won't work until it wants to, then it might work for days with no problems. Only had this since February. Not sure yet if I will send it off or stick with it unless it gets any worse.
    I did a restore for a third time and it finally cleared itself up. Has been working good for a week now. Let's hope it stays that way.

    Sent from my iPad using iPF

  8. #17
    iPF Novice
    Member #
    135236
    Liked
    3 times
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    58
    Well I have been a bad boy, I said to my wife that I much prefer the white iPad to the black,she was fine and said she didn't mind either way, so now I have a white ipad2 and she has the black. The best thing is after restoring from iCloud on both iPads, my original one hasn't once had a problem with the home button, which again leads me to thinking its definitely a software issue.
    Anyway all is well at the minute, will report back if there is any change. Oh and shame on me lol!


Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Power Button & Home Button Sometimes Acting Weird
    By shakra00 in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 02:07 AM
  2. Home button does not work
    By silvia33 in forum iPad 2 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 10:59 PM
  3. Uplaod button and navigation to file button does not work on IPAD
    By Keashaborn in forum iPad General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:04 AM

Search tags for this page

home button not working after jailbreak
,

ios 5.1.1 home button fix

,
ipad 1 home button does not work
,
ipad2 next button does not work
,
iphone 4 home button not working after jailbreak
,
iphone home button not working after update
,
updated to 5.1.1 and my homebutton doesn't work
,
why does my home button not work on my iphone five
Click on a term to search for related topics.