Where Apple and iTunes fail, leave it to developers to shine!
goodiware.com :: products :: GoodReader :: Manual :: USB
I'm really happy about this.
USB File Transfer is the fastest and the easiest way to put files to GoodReader from your computer. Unlike with WiFi File Transfer, there's no need to go through a complicated WiFi setup process, and a frustration of WiFi network troubleshooting. While you can use Apple's way of transferring files via iTunes program (see directions below), we strongly encourage you to use a much more advanced USB file transfer using our own free computer program called GoodReaderUSB, which will give you a significant advantage: Advanced USB file transfer using GoodReaderUSB computer program
- transfer files and folders
- browse deeply into GoodReader's subfolder structure directly from your computer
- no need to have iPad and/or iOS 4. This method works with all eligible devices - iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, with all OS versions starting from 3.0, and with all available versions of GoodReader app - GoodReader for iPad, GoodReader for iPhone, GoodReader Lite for iPhone.
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (iTunes must be installed on your computer)
Download the program here: GoodReaderUSB for Windows
Mac OS X 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6 (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard)
Download the program here: GoodReaderUSB for Mac
(GoodReaderUSB is a product of our joint development project with awesome Macroplant company, check out their other applications, they're cool - http://www.macroplant.com)
- unzip downloaded package
- run GoodReaderUSB program
- connect your iPad / iPhone / iPod touch to your computer via USB cable
- select a device to work with (if you have connected several of them), select a version of GoodReader to work with (if you have several different versions installed on the same device)
- drag your files and folders with a mouse to GoodReaderUSB program window (drop them to the rightmost section of the window)
- you can drop bunches of files and folders, there's no need to drop them one by one
- you can also drag files and folders in the opposite direction - from GoodReader to computer
- wait for file transfer to finish
- exit GoodReaderUSB
- disconnect USB cable
- start GoodReader app on your iPad / iPhone / iPod touch
- enjoy your files