I have a 64gb iPad 1 and recently purchased a Seagate Goflex Satellite 500gb hard drive. For anybody who is wondering this works like a dream and I would highly recommend. Anyway on to my question. There were two reasons that I purchased the drive:
1. I would have access to all my files even when I was off line (aeroplane/train/whatever) and therefore I could leave my computer behind. When online I use Dropbox. This is perfect.
2. I would be able to store a few dozen movies when I go on holiday and then using the Apple Composite AV Cable and the GoFlex app view the movies on the TV screen but it does not work. The iPad only seems to port to the Apple Composite AV Cable certain apps the Apple Video App, YouTube App, video stored within the Photos app.
So my questions are:
1. Is there any way of getting the video stored on the drive to show on the TV when connected to the Apple Composite AV Cable without copying the movie from the drive to the iPad using iTunes? I can't because I wont have my computer with me.
2. If I purchase either a Apple VGA Adapter or Apple Digital AV Adapter will this display the movies stored on the drive on the screen? I think mirroring is the word.
3. If the answer to the above is no. My wife has an iPad 2 so I assume the Apple VGA Adapter will definately mirror with that?